This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've spent lots of money here...records say no

I get a kick out of people saying they've spent a lot of money at our hotel, yet when I look through both our new booking system and our old one I can't find their names anywhere. Even if they stayed with us 15 years ago, we'd have a record...but...y'know.

I got an email forwarded to the hotel as the guest had emailed the spa attached to one of the properties. The alleged guest was losing his mind over us not having responded to a FB message, and he ended his email with "I would think a business would have the common curiosity to return and message simple message! I have stayed in your hotel many times and spent lots of money there and cant even get a reply!"

So, I pull up the old booking system - we're keeping it for record keeping at this point as we can no longer actually use it for booking rooms these days. I search his name, email, phone number, and absolutely nothing comes up. And this system goes back at least 15 years. Dude hasn't spent a dime with us.

I very nicely sent him a response that pointed out that as he was going through the spa side of the business until I was forwarded his information that they would not have the answers he was seeking. I provided the answers to his questions, and provided him with the email that would get a response from the hotel in the future. I wanted to tell him that he was an idiot for expecting to get questions about the hotel from the spa, but I want to keep my job.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I was looking up your history with us as I wanted to give you a loyalty reward. However, I am unable to find your information. Please provide the date of your last stay and the name it was booked under.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

One woman

She showed up with Christmas less than a week away and demanded we fix her 1541 disk drive before Christmas, otherwise we would had ruined it for her children. We pointed out we had lots of customers in the queue already and was not sure we could do the repair before the holidays. Yes, I remember her to this day since she raised a HUGE FUSS about how important a customer she was and all the money she has brought to the company.

Guess what? Our computer store has all it's records computerized.

We looked her up, the only record we could find for her was one and half years before for $15 plus tax (this is Canada).

Except for business customers under contract, the repair center was shut down from December 25 to January 2.

She got her disk drive back on January 3th.

Comment

I get this all the time. Just today a guy wanted to return some parts that he said he bought on Saturday at 7pm. Of course no receipt. Checked the sales records and we hadn't sold one of the items at all on Saturday and while we had sold the other two items on Saturday they weren't sold together.
        Funny side story, while looking at the cameras on Saturday at 7pm for this idiot I discovered one of my employees giving away free parts. Bummer for him.

Comment

I would say "Bummer for both of them" >_>
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            You've spent lots of money here...records say computer says no
            Fixed that for you.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
            X