This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coincidences happen

This story is a bit old now, but I still enjoy it.

I was attending the Chaplains Annual Sustainment Training (CAST) with my Chaplain Candidate (Reserve Chaplains who have not finished Army Chaplain school or Seminary yet. Masters and Doctorate degrees are not cheap.). Lets call him Capt. J.

I was then thinking about an old friend from High School and Church. He was the pastors kid, and we were raised together in the Church. I know him well, I laughed when I heard he was becoming a Chaplain (oh yes, we were ALL perfect little angles /sarcasm ). I was thinking about seeing if he had made it to the conference. Lets call him Lt. N.

During the lecture, they asked for questions, I usually ask one. (The Chaplaincy is strange, a PFC is encouraged to ask question as long as they are good ones.) I have a very distinct voice.

After the lecture, I was gathering my notes. When my old friend came up behind me to say hi.

I may have temporally lost my composure.
    Me: Brother! *hugs Lt. N* (FYI: a PFC *me* should not hug random Officers)
    Capt. J:
    Me: * realizes Capt. J is giving me a strange look* But where are my manners? Capt. J this is my good friend, Lt. N. We were raised in the same Church.
    Capt. J: Yeah, we already meet. We were in the same Army Chaplain School class.

A few jokes were made about my 'excitable' nature, I made a couple of them.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.
Working...
X