This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempted break in

Oh, fun. Last night someone tried to break into the gas station last night. They tried to pry off the door knob for the back door, but thankfully, weren't able to get in. By prying the knob off, they jammed the door, and weren't able to get in, and rob the station, or restaurant.

New door knob on, and a deadbolt installed. Good luck trying that next time criminals.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

I am in jail for a crime I did not commit. Attempted murder, what kind of crime is that?
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

We had the opposite three weeks ago. A 'customer' stayed in till after close, thinking that he could break out once the team were gone and take whatever goodies he could carry with him.

He forgot that we drop roller doors over the glass entrance at night. Even with access to our vast array of wrecking bars and power tools, he was stuck. His struggles set the alarm off. It took less than an hour before he was arrested.
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        I am in jail for a crime I did not commit. Attempted murder, what kind of crime is that?
        Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Do they give a Nobel prize for attempted chemistry? Do they?
          +2 cookies. I was worried that the quote was too obscure. As I am meeting a disturbingly high number of (younger) people who have not seen the older episodes of the Simpsons.
          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Tell me the attempt was on video.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              +2 cookies. I was worried that the quote was too obscure. As I am meeting a disturbingly high number of (younger) people who have not seen the older episodes of the Simpsons.
              For years, they had them on a loop.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                It's a testament to the show that it can actually be that old and still be on the air!

And the fact that it's a cartoon makes that last statement doubly impressive.

I know I'm really showing my age here, but I remember when the Simpsons was just a segment of the old Tracy Ullman show.

Egads, I'm old...

Comment

Bit of trivia: the Simpsons are the only characters from the original Fox lineup (i.e. the shows from when Fox first went on the air) that are still on the air. I believe that "Married With Children" was the last of the original Fox shows to be canceled.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Bit of trivia: the Simpsons are the only characters from the original Fox lineup (i.e. the shows from when Fox first went on the air) that are still on the air. I believe that "Married With Children" was the last of the original Fox shows to be canceled.
                    Everybody predicted the Fox network would fold within months. It was the first 'fourth' national commercial network in three decades - the last being Dumont in the late 1950s. It was their inspired lineup - Married With Children, In Living Color, The Tracy Ullman Show, and of course Star Trek: the Next Generation - that made the network a contender with the big three.

Married With Children was considered 'raunchy' by the standards of the day, and there were actually efforts to get it removed from the airwaves. But the show was a success despite Fox's limited initial market, and it didn't hurt that Trekkies were finally getting a long-desired spinoff to their beloved show.

Of course, The Simpsons evolved from their short segments on the Tracy Ullman show into their own program in late 1989, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Edit: Almost forgot to mention Friday the 13th: The Series. Another of the original Fox shows that drew a large audience.
                    Last edited by CyberLurch; 12-17-2014, 09:13 PM. Reason: added a thought or two

Comment

Working...
                    X