This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Macgyver

Well not quite. I did manage to unjam the heavy duty stapler with a pair of scissors and two paperclips.

Heh that's so funny. I'm the one in our office who can unjam staplers or the copier. Yet I'm not AT ALL mechanically inclined.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I've done my share of that.
      Also I was once pressed into training new hires how to unjam the photocopier. One of the first things I showed them was to heed the warnings on various parts--they were real and not just to make it hard to sue.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Same here.

I have two male managers who are NOT mechanically inclined, bless their hearts. I've done that with my old heavy duty stapler more times than I couldn't count until the poor thing got to the point where it basically wouldn't unjam.

Gave it to Grasshopper, he fiddled with it for maybe a full minute, gave up and gave me a new stapler in the box.

Just don't ask me to fix the baler . . . it's way bigger than me and the pull down door has a bad habit of jamming up. And guess what the baler decided to do today after one of the stockers had just made a bale and reset everything (including the chains in the back and laying down a large flat piece of cardboard sheet)

If you guessed the door jammed up and wouldn't come back down, you get a cookie.

And of course, it couldn't have happened to anyone else but our notorious Butt-Head, who came back there w/a cart full of boxes to crush.

In typical Butthead (more like Boomerhauer-ese) fashion, he mumbles "DG the doorbrooke again" as he's fiddling with the door trying to get it down.

"I don't know, Butthead. Shortstuff just made a bale. It was fine just a few minutes ago before you came along and broke the thing again."

Outside of the baler, I can work on a stapler/handhelds/fiddle with software on the workstations (most notably Word, as I've have had the occasion to play secretary/typist for a manager or two during the years) fiddle with the all in one office printer/copier/scanner in the office. Pretty much anything office equipment-y and I'll take a stab at it but if I can't fix it, you had better call the Helpless Desk to get a tech out here (and that will usually take 2 days to get someone to come by and attempt to either fix it or totally FUBAR it.)
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I don't mind fixing / unjaming ect and fact I enjoy fidling with things. Just wish I had access to the tools but the maintenance shed is outside and I don't like leaving the hotel unless I have too.

Comment

Not really the same thing, but the guys decided this morning that there wasn't enough in our lunches to share out for a good meal, so - fishing. Without an auger, they used a kabota. At least lunch was good.
            Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
            X