This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Hell

Haven't posted in a while, but haven't been SC-less. How I wish.

Not Really Sucky... But annoying
    I'll ty not to hit fratching level, so I will be as vague as possible. I was stocking shelves by the vitamins. This older guy with a thick spanish accent comes in asking the pharmacist questions about vitamins. Then comes to me asking me, which i told him to refer to the pharmacist. Well, he then goes onto asking about my piercings. I mean, not just "Did it hurt" but really trying to dig deep into my business. He asked questions like "Did someone make you do it", "Was it for religious purposes", I tell him I just did it cause I wanted to, there is no deep meaning for it (this went around for a good 5 minutes ). Then he gets into talk about "God". Well that wasted a good 10 minutes of my life telling him that I don't believe in it and he kept asking if I wanted him to bring in a book to read. I told him multiple times "Thanks but I respectfully decline" I am way too nice. I could've just left and went back to work .

Someone Needs to Lay Off The Booze
    A little background. Our front registers have been fucking up really bad. Ontop of that, the company has come up with a new program everyone has to sign up for to get sale prices in our ad. Its been hell for two weeks. Oh and the manager in this story has been on vacation and literally just got in. Poor guy.

Well, a very irate customer comes up to me and asks for a manager. I was gonna call him up at photo but he walked in from our liquor store. Me and the other manager who just got off the clock listened to the convo, but I only got what this guy said here:

Irate Guy- These lines have been so long. The past week I have been coming in they have to go from the (our aux register) register to the (main register thats broke) other to get smokes. Ontop of that they have to sign up people. There is no one else to ring up.

This is my convo with the off the clock manager:
    Me- Somebody needs to learn a little patience
    OTM- You're telling me
    Me- Well, no one calls for help so I just go on with what I am doing
    OTM- Typical of *coworker*
    (I am usually at my department, but it was slow, so I was helping with a reset on heart health stuff in the vitamin section)

What did this guy want us to do? Wave a magical wand at the broken registers and fix it? And what? Deny our customers who actually want to sign up for the new program and give them the sale prices? I think he is a regular who is always impatient, even with 2 people ahead of him. According to the manager who had to deal with him, the guy was drunk. He called our store manager to let her know what happened.

I Will Remember This

We aren't really supposed to open our registers manually (except getting change from the managers). An older guy comes in and asks for change. I tell him that I am not allowed to open my register. He has to get something with cash. Well, before I could give him other options with that, he gets all huffy and walks out and goes "I will remember that. Oh yes I will". Good for you sir.

Well Thats Rude

Along with ringing people up front, I have to answer phone calls. My roommate calls me from her store. With signing people up for the program, shit started to get funky. Well, I had no customers, so I was safe to tell her whats going on. So I thought. This old grouchy lady comes up to me and goes "Well, how rude! I am the customer! You shouldn't be on the phone" I tell my roommate I would call her back. The lady then asks if that was a customer or a personal call. I told her neither, it was a manager from another store that needed help from me. *Like I would hang up on a customer like that. Fuck you lady *

Quoth cashierbex View Post
    Then he gets into talk about "God". Well that wasted a good 10 minutes of my life telling him that I don't believe in it and he kept asking if I wanted him to bring in a book to read. I told him multiple times "Thanks but I respectfully decline" I am way too nice. I could've just left and went back to work .
    That sounds like my mobility-scooter stalker dude. I'm being given enough to do that I can legitimately ignore him now (and I think ASM talked to him), but I think he's still carrying around some 'fallacy of evolution' book that he thinks I agreed to borrow from him (even if I was interested in reading that stuff, that would create an obligation to him that I really do not want).
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

On the first guy -- The safest thing to do when that sort of thing happens is probably just to mention that your store has a No Solicitation policy (whether it does or not -- I've almost never seen a place that lacks one), and that discussing things with him/answering him could get you into trouble ^_^ You are not obliged to give him info at all, one way or another.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X