Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But closing time doesn't mean you're closed does it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your phone would have an email address, but I'm not sure how you would determine it. I think the phone number would be part of it. If you can email from your phone to your computer, just do that and see what address shows up in the "from" field. That's what I had to do.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Interesting idea. And with my old Dumb Phone, I'm not sure it would have worked. But I just checked the email address of the last file I sent to my email from my new phone, and when I saw the address remembered that I had had to set up a gmail account for my phone when I got it. So I wonder if sending something that to that gmail account would allow me to take that file and put it straight to my phone. Hmmmm....

Aaaand, just dug deeper into my email to look at some older emails I sent myself from my Dumb Phone, and sure enough, the email address listed under "from" was [myphonenumber]@pm.sprint.com.

This may actually work. Don't know if it would have worked on the Dumb Phone, but this may actually work. More proof that Mr. B. was right...you do learn something new every day.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Or get Google Drive. You will be able to save from your computer and log in at your phone and they give you 5 Gb for free.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
          Or get Google Drive. You will be able to save from your computer and log in at your phone and they give you 5 Gb for free.
          Or DropBox, which I quite like. Even can be set to automatically upload camera pictures taken using my phone.
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

If the item itself is small (picture size or smaller), just emailing it to yourself (from: jester@notarealsite.com to: jester@notarealsite.com) and hitting your email site/program on the phone should work.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Right, that makes sense....but I am wondering if I could do something like taking a recipe from my computer and transferring it into my Notebook app on my phone, rather than being forced to type the entire thing in. Even if I had to type an entire recipe into my computer and transfer it to my phone, that would be less painful than actually typing it all into my phone, as a lot of typing with my thumbs can be very painful, as I found out today when I tried to type a long post on this site on my phone. I gave up after about two paragraphs and two very sore thumbs.
              I'm lazy, dislike playing with apps and "phones" are not my thing, so here's what I'd do.

Open Notebook app on phone, type junk and save with recognisable name.
              Plug phone into computer and wait for computer to find it (mine has to be set on phone before that happens but your mileage may vary)
              If it sees it as a drive\USB key explore it then use the search function to look for <filename>
              Remember the folder it's in and just drag and drop\copy 'n paste files from computer to phone.

If you don't need to read it from the phone just follow first two steps and create a new folder on the phone to transfer data to\from (treating it like a large usb key)
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Naaman's advice is brilliant.

I'm actually kind of embarrassed that I didn't think of something like that.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X