This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    Not defending her, but another possibility is that she could have had a form of Autism.
    That... seems unlikely. As an autistic person myself, it bothers me when people ascribe any anomalous social behaviours to symptoms of autism. The behaviour described in the post is far more comparable to someone who is convinced of their personal superiority over 'the hired help' than someone of atypical neurology. I got a definite 'how dare you address me as an equal, worm???' vibe from the story.

I swear, autism is the new Lyme disease. And I don't like it.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

If it was autism, it sounds like asperger's. But in all honesty, she sounds kinda like my aunt on a bad day. My aunt was a german measles baby and is partially deaf. She also is generally super distracted and in pain most, if not all, of the time. She's nearsighted, and when she squints to lipread, people who don't know her might think it's a glare.
      No, Buzz. I AM your hotdog in pajamas!
      sewingwithmermer.wordpress.com

Comment

My suspicion, based purely on the info from the OP, is that the woman was super-pissed at something and just wanted to get out of there with the least amount of interaction possible so she could explode somewhere more acceptable.

Still not cool to whoever had to deal with her in the meantime, tho.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          And of course, if you had done the same, she would have flown off the handle, demanded a manager and screamed about how rude you were.

One rule for them, the complete opposite for us.
          pretty much. which is why i never complain about that with cashiers.

Comment

Working...
          X