This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A study of contrasts

Hopefully, this first SC isn't an indication of how my day is going to go.....

I got reassigned to cover a sick call at the insurance agency today, which means I get to cover their phones all day (yay!!!! /sarcasm). Also, on a side note, I'd had to get up earlier than usual because I'd originally been scheduled to train at a site that opens at 7AM (rather than 8 like the overwhelming majority of them do), so I've already been ont he go for an hour longer than normal before starting here today.

VERY FIRST CALL was this amped up, pissed off woman.

Me: Thank you for calling [Agency], how can I direct your call?

SC: I want to file a complaint!!

Hooo boy.....what a lovely start to my day....see....this is a very small office. It's actually a satellite office, and incluiding myself there's only 25 people here. There isn't even a true office manager here, and even if the person who is nominally in charge locally was available (they weren't), they aren't the right person to direct a complaint to.

Me: I'm sorry but there's no one here who can handle that. I can give you the number for the [Big City] office, though.

SC: Is it an 800-number?????

Me: No it isn't.

SC: I want an 800-number!!!! I'm not using my minutes for this!!!!

Me: I have only the one number to give you, ma'am.

SC: Then get me the number for a regional manager!!! I'm really pissed off because I've been calling for half an hour and no one's helping me!!!

Me: I'm sorry ma'am, but I do not have that information. All I can do is direct you to the main office in [Big City].

SC: But I've already spoken to someone there about a claim through [WRONG COMPANY]!! Rabble rabble rabble....!!!!

Me: Wait...you're calling about a claim through [Wrong Company?]

SC: YES!!!!!

Son of a bitch......this again?? For the love of all that is holy.....she was calling in relation to an insurance claim via a rental car company that is NOT affiliated in any way, shape, or form with [Agency]. I've been variously told that the rental place has been giving out the wrong number, and that the number they need is a digit or two off from the number for [Agency] but regardless....she had the WRONG NUMBER.

Me: I'm sorry but you've called the wrong number. This is [Agency] and we aren't affiliated with [Rental Company].

SC: But they gave me this number!!!

Me: Then they gave you the wrong number. You'll need to call them back and get the correct information.

SC: But I've ALREADY spoken with someone HERE about it!!!!!

Me: Ma'am, you've got the WRONG NUMBER.

SC: BUT THEY GAVE ME THIS NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me [getting ready to disconnect her since she's clearly not getting it]: ma'am, you have the wrong number. You need to call [Rental Company] back and speak with them. There is nothing I can help you with. We do not handle their claims.

SC [finally getting through her thick skull]: Ok, fine! *click!*

Fucking idiot......

Then, my very NEXT customer of the day was a walk-in. And man....it was like night and day compared to that raging assgoblin I'd just spoken with.

Guy: Hi...is this [Big City University] Training Center?

Me (resisting the tempation to look over my shoulder at the huge metal sign that says [Agency]): No I'm sorry, this is [Agency].

Guy: Hmm...is this [Address]?

Me: Yes is it, but this is Suite 1234. What you're looking for is probably in the towers behind us, which is part of the same complex and also has that address. What I'd do is go in to the main lobby there and check in with the security desk. They'll know where that place is.

Guy: Oh ok....I'm parked right over there (points to the small lot which is for Agency customers), is it all right if I stay there?

(Holy shit, someone who actually is concerned about parking in the right place???? )

Me: Well, that lot is for our customers, but if you take a right out of there and then another immeidate right you'll be in the parking lot for main tower complex. There's no permits required so you can park anywhere in there.

Guy: Oh ok. Thank you!

Me: No problem.

If only more customers can be like that guy! But then this site would be out of business.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Well, thankfully I haven't had any more problem calls. *knock on wood*

However, I just had this mini-gem

Me: Thank you for calling [Agency], how can I direct your call?

Woman: Hi, who is this?

Me: My name is Dave.

Woman: No, I'm sorry, what COMPANY is this?

I just told you....

Me: It's [Agency].

Woman: Is this [Totally Diffent Company Name]?

(Is that [Agency????])

Me: No, but we do broker insurance through them.

Woman: Oh ok....[call proceeds normally from this point].

Also had someone from a car dealership call in while I was on lunch and ask for the "right" fax number, because he'd been trying to fax some paperwork over and it wasn't going through. Despite being told that the line was probably busy, he INSISTED that the number was wrong because he had a new machine so obvioulsy it wasn't on his end.

It ultimately turned out that the reason it wasn't working was because someone else was in the middle of transmitting a 48-page fax to us.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Wow, maybe that first woman should get off caffeine...

We get those fax complaints, too. Had one person who insisted that OUR fax was cutting off the bottom of the second page. Duh, buddy, it's YOUR machine doing that.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X