This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from today...

I think the charging station for the 'S-it' guns has issues. More and more of the guns will default to "Please return this device to the nearest charging station" within minutes and some programming has endowed most of them with uber-obnoxious alarms that will start sounding if the battery's low/they get within a certain distance of the charger/someone looks at them wrong.

If that happens as a customer hits checkout, we can recover the order on another gun only if the customer has not scanned the 'order complete' barcode. This happened while I was on watch; they had already scanned the 'complete' barcode as well as their store card (which for all intents and purposes cleared the order from the main system). ASM gets involved and starts showing me how to recover an order, which I know how to do. That doesn't work because...they didn't follow directions in the first place, so there is nothing to recover. So customer gets a gift card (with some halfassed explanation from ASM about 'more training') and my brain bluescreens for a moment...I did everything correctly. Why is a gun with a low battery even allowed to be used?
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
    X