Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But closing time doesn't mean you're closed does it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing time
    You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

In my case, its the SCs already IN the store, since per corporate edict, we cannot actually TELL them we're closing and that they need to GTFO. SC's who will then continually say "oh I know you're closed, I'm almost done" Which causes us to stay late. Although we can and do lock the doors right on the dot of 9, sometimes a couple minutes prior (shhhhh....)

And we have one manager who continually is there later than everyone else for no good reason except she can't manage her time or get her shit together. And then she complains its beacuse SHE is the only one who gets all the late customers. No, even the others who do manage to get out 10-15 minutes after the last one leaves since THEY get all the other crap done before hand, so they can leave!

Comment

Quoth Dr Frances B Gross View Post
        I used to love it when they would pull on the door and ask if we were closed lol.
        They've been known to do the same before opening time as well.

I lost count of how many times I'd walk in the door a few minutes before we'd open and practically close the door in somebody's face b/c they thought they could follow me in.

Unless you're a vendor or an employee, you ain't getting in before we SAY we're open.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Same goes for opening times. If the employees are standing outside shivering, waiting for the manager to arrive and unlock the door, then chances are the store isn't open yet.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Same goes for opening times. If the employees are standing outside shivering, waiting for the manager to arrive and unlock the door, then chances are the store isn't open yet.
            Unless Ma comes in at either 5 or 6 a.m., that's what we're doing if Naitch has scheduled himself to open.

We've been out there at 10 after before we'd see that Super Bee come flying into the parking lot like a bat out of Hell (Meat Loaf not included.)
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
              Whenever Boss#1 would stay til closing, he would let everyone in the door who showed up.
              We had one of those at my last job. Used to annoy us to no end.

The one night he did that was on my last day. I just wanted to get the hell out of there, so I was pretty pissed off -- until my friends, who were waiting for me to get off so we could celebrate my new job, pointed out that I should just leave. After all, it was my last day -- what were they gonna do, fire me? So I punched out, left my smock, keys, and nametag on the front desk, and walked out the door a free man. If the manager was so big on letting people in at closing time, he could deal with them.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I like to say "We close at 6" rather than "we're open until 6." The first way is more definite, while the second way leaves it, shall we say, open to interpretation by the customers.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Todd View Post
                  Then they looked pissed off at you like you've stolen all their cookies!
                  What kind of cookies did you get from them?
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    We live and work in Key West, and have been through Fantasy Fest before. We see plenty of boobs.
                    Some of which are actual mammaries!

Would've served Grandma right if Eddie had raised the price several hundred dollars. "That's to cover my therapy, Ma'am."
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Closing time
                      You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
                      Just remember to finish your whisky or beer...

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
                      But if the boss was there, he'd let people in 10, 20 or sometimes even 30 minutes after that time if they "only" had 1 load or something.
                      My local laundromat does the opposite -- the sign on their door says something like "last washload in at 7; close at 8:30" or something like that. They've been known to turn people with just a normal-sized basket away at 6 or 6:30, myself included >_<
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        This one grandma ordered a bunch of drinks from Nice Guy Eddie, than asked how much they were. "$26.50." At which point Grandma lifted her shirt to expose her naked boobs, and said, "NOW how much are they?" To which Nice Guy Eddie just smiled and said, "$26.50."
                        He should have said, "$50.26."
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

However, people's ability to understand this is severely limited. I like to think it's in part due to overindulgence in alcohol, but after some time on this forum, I'm not so sure...
                          Actually, did you know that our brains have been shrinking since the Cro-Magnon days? I swear to god, I think this is the cause...

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            Would've served Grandma right if Eddie had raised the price several hundred dollars. "That's to cover my therapy, Ma'am."
                            To be fair, we really do see lots of boobs....including old lady boobs. This is nothing new, novel, or unusual to us. So...no.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Divra View Post
                              I know the feeling. "Last call" is called "last call" for a reason, namely that Boss comes down and locks the register, removes the card reader and puts all the monies in the safe after it.

This means that it is physically impossible for me to process an order after this time.

Begging will not help.

Screaming will not help.

Trying to bribe me will not help.

Offering to show me your boobs will not help.

However, people's ability to understand this is severely limited. I like to think it's in part due to overindulgence in alcohol, but after some time on this forum, I'm not so sure...
                              I love people that call 5 minutes AFTER close and beg us to deliver them a pizza/wings/whatever, then try and "bribe" us with the "promise" of a big tip or some other such nonsense. SORRY I tend to NOT believe such things.

Thanks whatever diety that they can not "show me boobs" over the phone.

ALso whinning or crying crocodile tears or shouting or begging like a spoiled 5 year old, or pleading like a dead man walking will ALSO not get you the cheesey goodness you so erised
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My manager at the pizza place used to take calls after closing; it didn't bother her cuz she could just walk out. Hence a mad rush to answer the phone before her at the end of the night so we could tell the customer on the end that we were closed. One such exchange went like this:

[Time - ten minutes after closing. We are still there cuz we have to sweep and mop the floor, put out the frozen doughs for the morning, wipe down all the surfaces and finish the washing up.]
                                *ring ring*
                                Collegue: (dives for phone and gets there in the nick of time) Sorry, but we're closed now. We're open tomorrow at 11. OK, bye!
                                Manager: (horrorstruck) Why didn't you take the order?!
                                Collegue: Cuz I and everyone else here would like to leave before midnight if that's OK with you.

The really funny thing was that the boss was on our side as far as closing at closing time went. He said that the moment our clocks went to half ten that was it; no more orders. It was entirely the manager's choice to take orders after closing; the first time someone spoke back at her she reported them to the boss, who basically said, "They're right, when we close, we don't take orders, unless you'd like to stay behind and deal with them." XD So after that incident, we just stood guard on the phones to stop her.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X