This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to out-negotiate the Negotiator

This lady was an idiot. And she was a bitch. There's nothing worse than a bitchiot.

Just after midnight SC books a reservation online. This means the date of the reservation was the 13th but my business date was still on the 12th. SC arrives to the desk and wants to check in.

Since she's not due until the 13th and still need a room from the 12th to the 14th, I offer to set up another reservation for the 12th. That didn't go through since her CC declined so as a courtesy, I offered to move the reservation back. I told her that this would mean her departure date would be the 13th instead of the 14th.

About 20 minutes later she's on the phone with Expedia. She passes the phone to me. I had to explain to the agent that in order to accommodate the SC for the 12th, I had to move the reservation back a day. Agent didn't see a problem with it.

SC is then back on the phone and is in the lobby talking with them. The main thing I was able to eavesdrop from her is that she was arguing that since she checked in on the calendar date of the 13th, that she should get the room until the 14th. She also argued that the Expedia agent told her this wouldn't be a problem. About 40 minutes later of her being on the phone, I get a call to the hotel from Expedia. I explained again the following points:

-In order to accommodate her, I moved the dates of the reservation up a day. Check in a day earlier and check out a day earlier.
    -That because I already charged Expedia, I would not be using this same reservation twice. Once on the 12th and again on the 13th unless we get paid for another night.
    -That if the SC wants her room to be for the 13th, she's more than welcome to check in at 3pm of the 13th. But since this isn't what the SC seemed to want, I had no choice but to shift things up a day.

Finally Expedia seemed to get that and both Expedia and the SC left me alone for the rest of the night. I'm not sure how much of this my supervisor inherited.

I don't drink, but damn this SC made me want a strong one.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

I'm sorry my friend

*pours you a triple shot of 151 and coke* here you go!
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      I don't drink, but damn this SC made me want a strong one.
      They seem to happen more and more often in all industries. These customers (and managers at times!) who make even those most opposed to booze want to just get wasted. :|

Comment

Working...
      X