Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (I feel like I take over this thread because I have so many stupid common SCs And I keep switching point of views, sorry.)

-Again, every stinking day. Your phones all have calculator apps on them (even "dumb phones"), please use this app to figure your yardage. I'm serious, it's true we are understaffed, but you people who make us spend 10 minutes on a transaction which could have taken 2 minutes, you are part of the problem.

-Another super common one. Lady! Get your stuff off the counter! This lady was not next, and would not budge. She stood in between two other customers, who were being helped. The cutters kept having to move her stuff over. I would have told her flat out to move, but it was almost funner to watch her move a few inches this way, and a few inches that way, lol.

-Our take a ticket machine is not well made. It's slightly too small for the roll of tickets, so sometimes the next ticket gets stuck, and it looks like there are no numbers. I see a guy go over to the ticket machine, then go stand at a random spot a few yards from me. I assume he has a number. Then someone else comes to the ticket machine and fiddles with it, to get the next ticket out because it had been stuck. Then the guy pipes up and says he thought there weren't any numbers left, can he take her number since he didn't know?? And she kinda sarcastically says "suuure." I guess the moral is, tell us if you think we're out of numbers. Pretty simple.

-Lady, I had just cut about 6 bolts for you, I'm done and literally waiting for the slip to print and you suddenly say to your friend "will you get the slip, I'm going over here" then walk off without acknowledging me at all... RUDE!
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• 1: Stop adding "I want the cheapest ticket" to your request. Every ticket we sell is the cheapest at that time, based on your disclosed needs.

2: Stop assuming the cheapest ticket comes with all the bells and whistles. Some do, but most don't; that's why they're cheaper!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Stop fucking up my stack of newspapers. Seriously. I put the papers on top of the pile straight out of the bundle. You don't need to pull the fourth paper down out of the fucking stack. I swear every time I looked at the rack today, the newspapers were messed up!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          Stop fucking up my stack of newspapers. Seriously. I put the papers on top of the pile straight out of the bundle. You don't need to pull the fourth paper down out of the fucking stack. I swear every time I looked at the rack today, the newspapers were messed up!
          Considering how often sucktomers scratch off their lottery tickets on top of the newspapers and leave all of the resulting residue littering the headlines, I can sort of understand this.

Comment

Stop fucking up my stack of newspapers. Seriously. I put the papers on top of the pile straight out of the bundle. You don't need to pull the fourth paper down out of the fucking stack. I swear every time I looked at the rack today, the newspapers were messed up!
            people tend to paw through the first few papers, trying to decide whether to buy it

Comment

• Quoth dawnfire View Post
              people tend to paw through the first few papers, trying to decide whether to buy it
              So? That doesn't make them any less readable, does it? Unless a newspaper or magazine I was buying was seriously ripped or shredded, I'd still buy it. It's not like you're going to put the daily paper on a shelf at home and take it down and re-read it a year later.

Comment

When I worked at the gas station the only time that this was a real "problem" was the Thanksgiving Day edition (read bigger than the Sunday edition for obvious reasons:::::::: SALES flyers).

People would literally dive down 6 or 7 papers and then pull out that one and mess up the one above it.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• We even get this behaviour with the free newspapers at the station. None of our paper racks are exposed to the elements, yet even if they've just seen the papers get delivered they dive down three or thirteen papers & pull the lot onto the floor!
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    So? That doesn't make them any less readable, does it?
                    It does when people steal TV guides and/or free gifts out of the papers/magazines. True, we can send the desecrated papers/magazines back to the supplier, but it's irritating for customers when they come to the shop and find that there are, for example, no Cosmopolitans for sale cuz some subhuman ripped open every one to steal the free mascara. And yes, that has actually happened.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

• To some of our customers:

Please stop bitching about your library materials not being checked in immediately, unless you are willing to do one of two things....

- stop checking out the max amount of items and returning them all at once

- pay for the building to be expanded so there's more room in the staff work area, and pay for an automated check-in machine to be installed.

Comment

• My lovely library has a computer with a belt that reads the bar code on the book/other item, moves the belt so the book goes into a large bin in back, and lets you do all your own check ins that way. I've only found the machine to not work 1 or 2 times over the past 2 years. I LOVE it!

Comment

• Jack & Dawnfire: No one at my store scratches tickets there, thankfully. I know why people do go through them, but at my store, it makes no sense. As I said, I put fresh papers right out of the bundle from the supplier on the top of the pile. By digging down, they're actually more apt to get the others instead. I know that's the exception rather than the rule of newspapers,but I still get annoyed with it.
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Take-A-Ticket systems have been around at least forty years; I recall seeing them at the bank when I was a little girl. So how is it that nobody can figure out how they work?! The customer stands around like a dumbass, totally ignoring the rather large ticket dispenser bolted to the corner of the cutting table and the huge screens overhead displaying the numbers. The next customer pulls out a strip of five or six numbers instead of just one. The next numpty tears the ticket off flush with the dispenser instead of pulling it out so the tab of the next ticket is sticking out. This isn't nuclear physics, people!

Probably the same idiots who can't figure out how answering machines work, even though they have been around since the late 1970s. So many messages on my machine say, "....hello?....hello?....hello?....anyone there?" No, there isn't anyone there, shit-for-brains! You follow the directions and leave your name, phone number and brief message at the sound of the beep! And if you're too stupid to figure out how to work a system that's been around for forty years, I sure as hell don't want to talk to or serve you!
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Quoth Minflick View Post
                              My lovely library has a computer with a belt that reads the bar code on the book/other item, moves the belt so the book goes into a large bin in back, and lets you do all your own check ins that way. I've only found the machine to not work 1 or 2 times over the past 2 years. I LOVE it!
                              They ARE nice, I agree! One of the larger branches in my library system has one, and it seems to work well. (only thing is, staff still has to check DVD and CD cases to make sure everything got returned)

Comment

• Your phone keeps cutting in and out. No, I'm not rude for not being able to understand you.
                                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                                X