This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I just .... why go to a campground if you're just going to sit around and watch Netflix?? Can't people get by without internet for a couple of days??
    Sadly, anyone who has ever worked in a tourist town can tell you that people pay mass quantities of money to travel somewhere, and once they get there they will do the very same dull things they could do at home, like shopping at the mall.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
      Sadly, anyone who has ever worked in a tourist town can tell you that people pay mass quantities of money to travel somewhere, and once they get there they will do the very same dull things they could do at home, like shopping at the mall.
      I used to have a T-shirt that had a picture of a Barca lounger with wheels, ala a Harley Davidson trike.

"If you want all the comforts of home

STAY THERE."

Comment

Granted I am getting too old and cranky (or at least my back is) to handle tent camping anymore, I always thought one of the perks of camping was no phone and no internet. If it rains you stay inside the camper and play cards.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
          I used to have a T-shirt that had a picture of a Barca lounger with wheels, ala a Harley Davidson trike.

"If you want all the comforts of home

STAY THERE."
          I'm sure they'd have been happy to

I remember a few family holidays that I didn't want to go on but then, my opinion didn't count.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
            I remember a few family holidays that I didn't want to go on but then, my opinion didn't count.
            "Shut up, Calvin, we're going camping! It builds character!"
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              I always thought one of the perks of camping was no phone and no internet.
              I know a guy who runs a "log cabin" place in rural Luuuuziana (a cluster of cabins with access to fishing and river rafting and not much else). When I describe it to people, one of my selling points is "You probably won't have any cell phone reception whatsoever." The place is in the middle of nowhere, even for rural LA. As in, one stop light for the whole town, and the gas station/grocery store is at that intersection. Mapping websites have a great deal of trouble actually giving accurate coordinates for the place.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I know it seems strange, but I live in a motorhome full time, and when I actually pay to stay at a campground, it is a vacation with power, internet and running water, because every other day I don't have those things.
                ~LSTYD~
                Quote: Dalesys:
                you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Working...
                X