This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest Returns~

Yesterday night we had a winner! Someone returned a felt square, which sells for $.33. The kicker? The SC had cut off a 1.5" strip. ONE AND A HALF INCHES. They bought something for thirty-three cents, cut off a tiny bit, and then drove back to the store and RETURNED IT. The cashier didn't notice, the cut was very straight, and she didn't have another square (it's actually a 9"x12" rectangle) to compare it too.

Just...
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Any chance the store knows who it is? Because I think it would be hilarious for someone to get banned over about 5ยข worth of felt.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

At the supermarket where I used to work, a customer once tried to return an item from *rival supermarket*. Funnily enough, she didn't get her refund. Apparently, she didn't have time to drive to *rival supermarket* that day.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Ridiculous. Not an actual return, but I saw this "complaint" posted on my former store's FB page. SOmeone was whining about how the store and manager were so horrible to her when she tried to return something. Really? Then she went on to say it was a skirt, which she had WORN, but then simply changed her mind about. And wanted to return it. Like most, store policy won't let you return for buyer's remorse if its worn, ONLY if defective. And manager was right in denying return.

I did laugh because all comments, including my own, sided with the store, NOT her. I guess maybe she thought she'd get sympathy, but most told her tough sh*t, doens't work that way.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          At the supermarket where I used to work, a customer once tried to return an item from *rival supermarket*. Funnily enough, she didn't get her refund. Apparently, she didn't have time to drive to *rival supermarket* that day.
          I actually did this once by accident. I had a pair of jeans I had forgotten I'd gotten at JC Penny's that didn't quite fit. I normally go to Walmart (and feel dirty for doing it, but that's neither here nor there) and I had a massive brain fart and tried to return the jeans to a store that doesn't stock that brand. Derp derp derp.

I've done dumber things in my life but that one was pretty high on the list.

Comment

Had a costumer come in 'Officelarge' wanting to return a paper shredder he bought from 'Officestation'. I told him we couldn't accept the return because 1) We didn't sell the model, and #2 The giant "Officestation" sticker on the side of it. His response was "Oh.. I thought you were the same store" Nope.. 2 different stores 2 different owners.

note: around 2000 when this happened it they were separate, now they are the same store.
            Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Had an old guy return a card because his wife didn't like that it didn't say "From Us". I dunno, I'd think that when they signed it the person would see that it was "from us", but what do I know.
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                When I was at Dillard's, several times we had people trying to return things they bought at Foley's (later Macy's). Their reasoning? We were in the same mall...
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                  Had a costumer come in 'Officelarge' wanting to return a paper shredder he bought from 'Officestation'. I told him we couldn't accept the return because 1) We didn't sell the model, and #2 The giant "Officestation" sticker on the side of it. His response was "Oh.. I thought you were the same store" Nope.. 2 different stores 2 different owners.
                  That suckery happens all too frequently. SC comes to Big Box Store with an item purchased from Other Big Box Store (with the sticker from Other Big Box Store prominently visible on the product).

SC: I need more of this product in order to complete my project.
                  Me: We don't have that product here.
                  SC: Why not? I bought this product here last week.
                  Me: <Endeavoring not to call SC an idiot> No sir, this is not a Big Box Store product. See this sticker <that is an entirely different color from this store and quite obviously has the name Other Big Box Store prominent>? This product is from Other Big Box Store. <Yeah, the SC might be color blind, but illiterate as well? Dude's lucky that respiration and heartbeat are autonomic functions>
                  SC: Well, uh, I....I just didn't feel like driving over to Other Big Box Store.
                  Me: <dumbass>

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    When I was at Dillard's, several times we had people trying to return things they bought at Foley's (later Macy's).
                    I wonder if the other store had people trying to return medical devices (which the store didn't carry). They'd insist that the store had to take the return because "They're Foley catheters, this is Foley's - obviously they're your product".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wow, and I thought a $0.79 return was pointless!

We've had people buy several yards of tulle, use it to decorate for a party, wash it, then try to return it. Then of course there's people who want to return holiday decorations.

Returning crafting items in general just weirds me out. Maybe other folks just have enough money to say to themselves "I don't know which one I'll need...so I'll by them all and return what I don't use!"

Comment

When I worked for a convenience store we'd get the opposite - someone not wanting to buy the whole package. While we had single sodas and beers for purchase, someone actually opened a package of TP, took out two rolls, and tried to get the cashier to take half the marked price for them. At another store someone opened a package of diapers and took one out, then wanted to pay for only that one. While it was nice that they wanted to pay for it instead of just steal it, we didn't sell diapers that way.

Once when I worked at the military commissary a customer came in with her receipt and showed the person working customer service that whoever had put in the price of some chocolate ice cream topping (78 cents at the time) had apparently stuttered on the keyboard because the topping rang up as $78.78. She said when she'd gotten home she looked her receipt over because the total had been way higher than she expected, so she came back to bring it to the store's attention. At least she wasn't an SC about the whole thing; in fact, she told us she knew it was just an accident, and thought the whole thing was quite funny.

Comment

Thought of another one, though it's a refund and not an actual return. We have these cheap knee-hi's that were usually on sale 4/$1 super cheap. Had a woman come up pissed off that she was charged for 4 when she only purchased 3. I was going to ask if she just wanted to grab another one because they are cheap and it is something you could have multiple off but she was so mad that I called a manager for her 25 cent refund. Have a nice day lady.
                          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Back when I worked for Dice pizza, people were constantly wanting to return 1 slice out of a pizza for a full refund because they didn't like it. Thankfully, we were independently owned and the owner was a hardass about that sort of thing.

My favorite one was the time someone returned a piece of a pizza that had a live bug on it. For anyone who has not worked in a pizza chain, there is no way that a bug could live through the cooking process. If the bug did happen to land on the pizza before it was boxed, it would have been dead due to the heat by the time it was delivered.

A dead bug would have been half way believable, but a live bug?

The scammer refused to take no for an answer. Complaints to Corp started and were so amusing that people started looking forward to them. The bug infested pizza morphed into something covered with maggots that everyone saw but still ate because they were so hungry. Husband and child and boyfriend all went to the hospital because of food poisoning due to eating a bug covered pizza and she wanted millions in damages.

Comment

Then of course there's people who want to return holiday decorations.
                              This puzzles me. Are these people unaware that we have those same holidays every year???
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X