Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

we aren't allowed to have a life or sleep...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we aren't allowed to have a life or sleep...

apparently according to one reviewer...

boss got the latest reviews for our Big Yellow Campground location, passed copies around for everyone to read. some real winners in there, but the one that got me the most:

"...there was no one in the office after 11pm to complain about the noise" (apparently dogs were barking and bothering them)

W. T. actual F. ??????????? NO we're not there around the clock! we have security on weekends, and there's a number that goes direct to the owner posted on the front of the building for "emergencies"...but even on weekends we close at 10, and that, in my 10 years of campground experience, is exceptionally late for most campgrounds.

i spent the next 10-15 minutes after reading that one quietly saying "wtf" to myself in the office today. good thing it was a slow day.
    Last edited by katzklaw; 08-29-2016, 06:25 AM.

Don't be silly, we don't need food or sleep! We're robots who exist purely to serve customers.

I get this from people when I won't let them in after closing time. They act surprised and usually say something like, "But I'll only be five minutes!" No, you won't, cuz if I break the law and let you in, you'll take about half an hour. I'm not going to let you in, firstly cuz it's against the law and secondly, I'm a human being who wants to eat, chill out on the internet and sleep.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

You actually have laws governing such things there...? O_O Not that customers care about such trivial matters, but...Hm...Maybe I should look into working across the pond!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had one like this today, a girl whose phone contract was in her mothers naem, but her mother was very ill and couldn't come in to the store to authorise her daughters upgrade, she said why can you not tell me how much it is to upgrade early as it is my phone, my response was that it is against the law and I am not willing to lose my job for you

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          You actually have laws governing such things there...? O_O Not that customers care about such trivial matters, but...Hm...Maybe I should look into working across the pond!
          Yup, we have Trading Laws about what time shops close. They are set in stone!
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            Yup, we have Trading Laws about what time shops close. They are set in stone!
            You guys really like set in stone, don't you? Trading laws, swords, henges ...
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Yeah, we've got a load of the stuff all over the place - got to use it up somehow.
              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                Blarney's, scones...
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And you better not be taking a bathroom break! Oh, GOD HELP YOU if you DARE to take a bathroom break! You should be wearing Depends so your customers won't be inconvenienced!

Comment

At a prior job I had a sign that said "I have stepped away from the desk. I will return anon. Momentarily. In a few minutes. As fast as possible." Boss loved it. Made people laugh, which cut down on complaints. Not allowed to use my sign on any subsequent job, sadly...

Comment

Reminds of the callers I get at work who complain that we are closed on THANKSGIVING. Never mind we only close TWO days out of the year and otherwise we are open 6am-midnight the other 363.

Yeah, we're such lazy bastards...
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Monday-Saturday my store is open from 9 AM to 9 PM. One day of the week we're open a shorter time. Sunday we're open 10 AM to 7 PM. You would think the world was ending, for some folks. I hate opening on Sunday morning, because there's inevitably a small but angry mob at the doors. They are soooo needy, they burst through the doors like we're the last store for 1,000 miles that carries food. Then they beeline to the nearest employee and want us to hold their hand and walk them to each item on their list. (there are always needy people, but I swear the Sunday morning folks are the worst) We sell fabric, crafts, and seasonal nonsense. Nothing in here warrants this level of insanity.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

That reminds me of the time that there were floods, and the garden centre where the pet store that I worked in closed early, due to the danger of flooding. The owner decided to ask everyone working there to put everything up high, then after an hour, evacuate the store. You'd have thought that we'd told customers that we were going to drop kick their first born child, the way that some of them reacted.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            We sell fabric, crafts, and seasonal nonsense. Nothing in here warrants this level of insanity.
                            That's about how it feels with some of our customers at the library! One of my co-workers and I have a joke that these people are thinking "The library is NEVER going to be opening again! I MUST make a mad rush to return my library materials right away, even though they aren't due for another two weeks!"

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              Monday-Saturday my store is open from 9 AM to 9 PM. One day of the week we're open a shorter time. Sunday we're open 10 AM to 7 PM. You would think the world was ending, for some folks. I hate opening on Sunday morning, because there's inevitably a small but angry mob at the doors. They are soooo needy, they burst through the doors like we're the last store for 1,000 miles that carries food. Then they beeline to the nearest employee and want us to hold their hand and walk them to each item on their list. (there are always needy people, but I swear the Sunday morning folks are the worst) We sell fabric, crafts, and seasonal nonsense. Nothing in here warrants this level of insanity.
                              A good many (maybe a majority) of our customers are completely clueless about what our store sells. Need pillowcases or curtains? Hell, might as well try the fabric place, right? Never sewn a day in your life, but you had to have that dress, even though it was too short, low cut, or see-through? What the hell, swing on by, how hard can it be? Need to repair some random-ass carpal tunnel brace? Shit, fabric store will have just what you need! Need tablecloths or table runners for your one-day party or event? Come pay out the ass for scratchy, horrible burlap and passé mason jars.

It's frustrating when they want something we don't sell, either because we aren't Linens Store or we don't have an exact match to their battered old orthopedic brace straps or we don't have enough of one fabric on hand to swathe and drape an entire pavilion...by this weekend.

We get the Sunday mob, too. I'm not sure where it comes from. After church crowd? Only day off? Best coupon only good that day?

Comment

Working...
                              X