This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herp-a Derp Tuesday

So, I'm a week into my new job at H. Curtains. It's a million times better than my previous job at M. Fabric Shop, for many reasons.
    But of course, no matter what retail store you work for, you get customers. And some of them have extreme mental blockages.
    I took a phone call from one such lady today. Thoughts from me in brackets.

BG- Now, like most curtain places, H. has a making service. We can send consultants to do a measure and quote on-site, and everything gets made to the measurements the consultant has taken, or you can measure up yourself, bring those measurements in store, where we work out the meterage required for what you want, then send the fabric off to the workroom to be made up.

Me- *Opening Spiel*
    Derp Lady- Oh yes, I have some curtain fabric and stuff to be put together and I was wondering, do you make them up for people?
    Me- Well, yes we do have a making service, but firstly, was your fabric purchased from H.?
    Derp- No...
    Me- Ah. You see, unfortunately we can only undertake and guarantee work on fabrics sold thru H. Curtains. (Note- this is standard practice with curtain making.)
    Derp- Oh. Well you see, I bought curtains from Other Curtains, and they're too long, and I was wondering if you could shorten them for me?
    Me- Oh, but doesn't Other Curtains offer a making and alteration service, too?
    Derp- *pregnant pause* Oh! Do you think they might? I just thought that you might do that sort of thing....
    Me- Ma'am, your best bet would be to ring them to find out, as they are where your items (and god knows whether they are curtains or just fabric by now) came from originally.
    Derp- Oh... *Brightly* Oh ok, I'll ring them, then! Thank you so much!

*Sigh* It's not like travelling distance would make the difference between us and them- they're only in the next street over.
    Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
    It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Maybe she just likes you folks better? ('course, if so, why didn't she come to you for the curtains in the first place?)

sigh.... I got nuthin'. Just a random wtf, I guess.

Comment

She probably had a coupon for place B that would save her 3% off of what the price would have been at rapana's place, all the while going on about how she is one of their best customers...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sure that they weren't related to Rob Schneider?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I had my first square on my Curtain Shop Bingo card marked off before day three of the new job was done.
          I had someone ask- "How much fabric do I need for curtains for my whole house?" My assistant manager was with me at the time, and she asked, "What are your window measurements?"
          The customer replied, "I have a four bedroom house."
          Cue A/Manager and I using every ounce of willpower available to us not to facepalm in front of the woman.
          Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
          It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Working...
          X