This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sobriety forgot the labelmaker

As I mentioned in another post, I had a run to Wisconsin (referred to by one CS member as "The land sobriety forgot"), and how can you go to the Dairy State without buying cheese?

I bought a package of string cheese, and it had the strangest ingredients list I ever saw: beef, pork, water, salt, corn syrup solids, spices, monsodium glutimate, natural smoke flavor, garlic powder, sodium nitrite, dextrose, natural

Note that I didn't miss anything - it cut off right after "natural". Since this company also makes sausage snacks (has "meat" in the company name), it looks like they put the wrong ingredients list on the package.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

I'd hope that's the case!

Maybe it is even worth signalling it to them?
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

should email them if they have an customer comment email , attach a scan of the label, and ask nicely, "Why is there meat in my cheese? And HOW do you make it not taste like meat!!

Comment

Don't have a scanner, so I sent them the following, with the title "Feedback: labeling error":

Last week I purchased a 6 ounce package of your string cheese (NOT smoked)
        at the Petro in Portage, WI, and noticed an error in the labelling. The UPC
        (may or may not be accurate, since the error is probably due to a "cut and
        paste" from a label for another product) is 6 82605 01220 8.

The error I noticed is in the ingredients list. Inside the box it says:

String Cheese
        Ingredient: beef, pork, water, salt, corn syrup solids, spices, monosodium
        glutamate, natural smoke flavor, garlic powder, sodium nitrite, dextrose,
        natural Keep Refrigerated

It looks like someone used a label for a sausage product as a template, but
        forgot to make all the necessary changes. Aside from showing the wrong
        ingredients (probably isolated to this product), there are a couple other
        errors which may be repeated on your other products: The word "Ingredient"
        should be shown as "Ingredients" (since there is more than one ingredient),
        and the list of ingredients is cut off after "natural" (no indication of
        whether it should be natural colour, natural flavour, or natural something
        else) - one or more of your sausage products may also have a truncated
        ingredients list.

The cheese was delicious.
        Today I got the following reply:

Thank you for contacting me. It appears you definitely know your labels.
        Ned a job? Lol

Thank you again, I now need to go insert my boot somewhere. Lol
        Still, I'm surprised that they didn't proofread their label before mass-printing them. I hope I had the right tone - "Hey, you guys might want to fix this, but the product itself is fine", with none of the "gimme grab" that seems to be so common.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Aside from the spelling mistakes I like the response, even if it's not very professional.

Comment

Working...
          X