This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more than the price.

I was doing a batch of mail orders this afternoon and one of the order forms had to be set to the side until the customer returns the voice mail I left. She had put in a price in the correct box, and figured out what the shipping would be for that dollar amount. She was also able to add the numbers together correctly, and write her check for the correct total. Unfortunately, she forgot to write an item number, what the items was, or even the page number that it was on--so I had no way of knowing which $14.95 item she wanted.

Grocery stores get this too. While cashiers technically can enter price + department as a last resort (barcode is borked and so is the number), for inventory tracking we're really not supposed to do so if it can be avoided.

I get this a lot with produce: "It's 99 cents!" Yes...yes, I know, but I need to know what type of apple it is (invariably, an SC will choose all the apples that do not have PLU stickers). Otherwise I'll just guess, and there's a good chance that whatever number I can remember is not the price you want.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
      I was doing a batch of mail orders this afternoon and one of the order forms had to be set to the side until the customer returns the voice mail I left. She had put in a price in the correct box, and figured out what the shipping would be for that dollar amount. She was also able to add the numbers together correctly, and write her check for the correct total. Unfortunately, she forgot to write an item number, what the items was, or even the page number that it was on--so I had no way of knowing which $14.95 item she wanted.
      Just pick one at random and send it
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X