This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TKP here!

I've been reading this site for the last month or so (and I've made a few posts), so I figure that I may as well introduce myself. I am TKPsycho though I am occasionally referred to by the name TKP... I suppose it is a more familiar mode of addressing me, and it prevents the all-too-common misspelling: "physco."

I have really not had a whole lot of "real" work experience. I did a summer last year as a 'cart clerk' for a near-wholesale chain grocery store. When I interviewed with the manager, I was offered a cashier position (which would have paid more), but I didn't care much for the idea of dealing with hundreds of customers and being responsible for that much money (and memorizing produce numbers. I suck at memorizing). The term cart clerk is a bit misleading. My responsibilities ranged pretty much through the whole spectrum of Jobs No One Else Wants to Do, though I did spend most of my time running the carts or dealing with the bottle room.

I'll probably post some of my more memorable accounts of that job later... in the mean time, I'm volunteering for a project one of my profs is doing. I can't really post anything about sucky customers for this job, because my 'customers' would have to be either my prof or the Oregon School for the Blind

Well, there's always Morons in Management if your prof turns out to be a sucky boss

Welcome to CS!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

A very, very belated to CS, TKPsycho.
      My apologies for neglecting this forum for so long.

Great posts so far. I really look forward to reading more.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X