This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI to SCART?

Is there such a thing? I found a deal on a Blu-ray player, brought it home, and discovered I need an HDMI cable (not included). The thing is, my TV doesn't have HDMI. I haven't yet had any luck finding a cable with HDMI and SCART. Advice?

Some auctions for these are up on eBay - Never had the need for this, so I can't vouch for quality or brands. Read the descriptions carefully, too, as people have been known to run scams there from time to time ~_~
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've decided to just return it. I only needed a DVD player that played DVD-R anyway; I don't have any Blu-ray discs, and no plans to get any. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Moot point now, but HDMI is a digital interface while SCART is analog. I think the only way to do that would be with some sort of converter box.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

For information: to do HDMI to Scart you need one of these: http://www.dx.com/p/scart-to-hdmi-co...xecaAhUD8P8HAQ
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
          X