This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i have an idea....

another forum i belong to is chock full of gamers, and they gave me this idea...

run a SMALL dnd game on the forum.

I'd like to give it a shot....i'd be dming it, and using 3.5 rules if anyone is interested. below you will find some info...please send a tell if you are interested.

the basis of this world is simple. I created this world from the deep dark recesses of my mind. it starts you as a level 1 character, but moves you rather quickly up in levels.

Description:
    The world you are living in, is roughly the size of north and south america as if it were one solid land mass.

in the middle of the land is a vast stretch of forest that is so dense no one can get through it, though you can fly over it. in the middle of this forest very visible is a massive black tower, perfectly smooth, that even from the very northern part of the world you can still see.

a large ring of mountains borders the north part of the world where the dwarves and gnomes mainly reside, a vast forest to the west is where the elves are mainly hailing from, the wild lands to the east carry most of the halflings, and savage races.

History:
    This world has known nothing but war since as long as anyone can remember. The north (the players) is fighting with the south with the forest and tower considered neutral areas, and all out blasphemy to consider the tower anything but holy ground.

Reglion:
    The "normal" D&D panathnon is nonexistant, the world is held in balance by the 9 ancients. they are considered the "gods" of the world.

What is needed:
    Rogue:
    Fighter type:
    Wizard:
    Cleric:
    ranger type:
    Bard:

If anyone is interested please post here or send my a private message.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Hey, I'll bite. Can I be the rogue?
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

There's a RP subforum on the DP forums I run. Could start something here if there's enough interest, I guess.

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh oh oh.... Cleric right here.

Comment

wow...interests already...

my other forum shot it down politely, since they ONLY play 4.0 ><

My if only 2 people are interested, thats fine. Ran the game for 5 months with just 2 players, and really my notes are covering 2 people encounters for the first 10 levels or so.

But so far I have the following:

Rogue: Kheldarson
          Fighter type:
          Wizard: Plaidman
          Cleric: Bunny!
          ranger type: Draggar
          Bard:
          Last edited by Sarlon; 04-24-2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: adding names to list
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
            Hey, I'll bite. Can I be the rogue?
            DAMN YOU!

Aethian took the other fun class.

I'll be the tree-hugger, er, ranger, then, haven't played one in a very long time.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

first come first draggar..

Can I get someone to nail down races too please? "half breeds" are not all that common (half elves, half orcs), they DO exsist but we would have to discuss in private somethings.

Comment

I'd really look at starting this in the OT forum first, and if it takes off we can show it the forum games section, since that would make more sense than my original suggestion.

Rapscallion

Comment

I've never played D&D online, but it sounds like fun. I'd be happy to play whatever class, I don't really have a 3.5 preference. What books can I use, and how are we building characters?
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

When I played DnD MANY years ago, my character was Arlm, Far Ranger.

This time, I'd like to be the village slut.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'll be generating the charaters so I have a hard copy as well.

and no village sluts, you'll be to far from town at times.

Comment

Wizard! I Want Wizard!
                        I did a quick game once before here. But my life went to hell and I had to bow out without notice.

Also, just to let you know, I own every 3.5 and 3.0 book. If you need something, let me know.
                        Last edited by Plaidman; 04-24-2009, 06:33 PM. Reason: Changing idea...
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

great I have characters....but no races.

Fighter type:
                          Bard:

Help fill in the blanks please

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                            great I have characters....but no races.

Fighter type:
                            Bard:

Help fill in the blanks please
                            Human I'm guessing for me. Only know some of the DnD types. So I'm still looking rules and such.

Comment

I'll be an elven fighter, if that's cool.
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                              X