This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving back to the dark side

Since I started my new position last September, i was able to escape night shift and I've been working evening shifts - 3pm to 3am three times a week. I love that shift, but when I work a bunch of days in a row, I don't see my kids or husband much. So in a effort to make life easier, I'm going back to nights. I actually do miss night shift. Theres something about staying up all night that makes me feel awesome. I dont miss the days/night where i Would occasionally turn into a zombie narcoleptic. I start nights again midSeptember. I'm looking forward to going back to the dark side.

I start nights on Thursday! Yay for the graveyard shift!
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Congratulations! Getting a shift you like is always a good thing.

When I first started at the newspaper (the one that ultimately laid me off), we worked from about 7 p.m. until 2 or 3 a.m. It was great. You still had the whole day to yourself and as I had no social life anyway ...

From what I've heard they've now gone to some horrible hours like 2 p.m. until 9 p.m. Pretty much wrecks your day AND evening. (I asked my brother if I could write them a nice thank-you note for my layoff. He said that probably wasn't a good idea. )

Comment

I loved night shift. I was the only one who willingly chose 5pm-5am during Paramedic school. Working at the airport I choose the 10pm-6am shift (medivacs hanger there).

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

When I first started at the newspaper (the one that ultimately laid me off), we worked from about 7 p.m. until 2 or 3 a.m. It was great. You still had the whole day to yourself and as I had no social life anyway ...
          There is a random 7p-3a shift that is my absolute FAVORITEEEEEE! You gain a semblance of normalcy, I squee when I get them. Im aiming for more for 11p-7a just for simplicities sake for the kids.

Quoth 24601
          I loved night shift. I was the only one who willingly chose 5pm-5am during Paramedic school. Working at the airport I choose the 10pm-6am shift (medivacs hanger there).
          5p-5a doesnt sounds to bad!

Comment

Working...
          X