Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the owners of the business I work at are trying to sell off their debt essentially to a more forgiving lender. Before this can happen, as the original lender was the old owner, they have to fix the multitude of property line issues. The business has property in two counties, so both counties had their opinions on where the lines were.

Well, one of the groups didn't want to sign. They wanted to trade x triangle, on the lake side, for y triangle, on the road side. We agreed. Then, they had their own survey done. By the same surveyor. So, lines didn't change one iota.

Then, they decided they didn't like our survey. They felt they deserved more. So they had another surveyor come in. That surveyor gave us more property. So much more in fact, they owe us back-rent for renting us our own property. (We rented a land slice from them for parking.)

One of the co-owners was just willing to let them take some of our property to sedate them too, before they did the other survey.

So they would have had a deal where everything would have worked out... but they decided they wanted to claim more land and ended up having it backfire so badly they actually OWE you money now.

Yep. That's not just karma, that's pwnage. KarmaPwn!

Comment

so I assume now your owners are insisting on using the new survey?

yeah, if you're going to insist on a new survey, it's probably a good idea to be 100% certain it will actually help. otherwise this can happen.

Comment

Lol, saw this happen in FL. A school looking to expand their fields claimed our landlord (and a few others) along the edge were over onto their property. So they demanded a survey which they paid for. survey actually proved the school was a few yard onto the private property, and they all got together and demanded back rent for unapproved use of their property (they were actually nice, as they didn't demand extreme rent).

Comment

If it were up to me, I'd take the property and tell them we wouldn't try to claim the rent. I think they're going to be nicer though. They just want to get this all sorted.

Comment

Working...
          X