This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May Mileage

One of the salesman asked me for help submitting his mileage for September. "It keeps emailing the wrong one". Oh sure that sounds like it's the problem, right

I go look and the file with his September mileage is titled 'May Mileage'. He emailed it to his other email address, showed me the result, it was the June Mileage report. Which is also titled 'May Mileage'. I asked him how he had two files with the same name. He calls all his mileage reports 'May Mileage', he just saves them all on different drives so they can all be called the same thing because that's 'easier'. Easier than what I don't know.

I finally convinced him to rename the one he wanted to send 'September Mileage'. When he went to attach it to his email he went to choose one that said 'May Mileage' again! Because "they're all the same thing". When I convinced him to choose one title 'September Mileage' he checked the results and was satisfied, and proceeded to email it to the office manager. As I was leaving "Okay, thanks, I didn't realize they should be called 'September Mileage', I'll go call the rest of them to that now".

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Someone like that deserves not to be paid for his mileage.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The stupid, it HURTS!
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        I finally convinced him to rename the one he wanted to send 'September Mileage'.
        NO! The proper name for the file would be 'September 2015 Mileage', unless the salesman didn't plan to stick around for more than a year.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'll concede that one, I was just dumbfounded that someone would intentionally give different files the same name.
          Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
            "Okay, thanks, I didn't realize they should be called 'September Mileage', I'll go call the rest of them to that now".

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job.
            I can't be the only one thinking that every mileage file is now going to be called September Mileage

Comment

Quoth Shannarah View Post
              I can't be the only one thinking that every mileage file is now going to be called September Mileage
              Probably because that's exactly what's going to happen.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                NO! The proper name for the file would be 'September 2015 Mileage', unless the salesman didn't plan to stick around for more than a year.
                We could only hope. Oh, my god. That actually tops the stupid level for some of our clients, and I honestly didn't think that was possible...
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  We could only hope. Oh, my god. That actually tops the stupid level for some of our clients, and I honestly didn't think that was possible...
                  Whenever you think someone has set a new low for stupidity, someone else comes along and proves you wrong. Stupidity is a bottomless pit.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Technology is a race between engineers trying to build idiot-proof equipment and the universe trying to build a better idiot. So far, the universe is winning.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      NO! The proper name for the file would be 'September 2015 Mileage'
                      The accepted convention for ongoing records is YYYY MM DD, with subject before or after. (After is better, separate folder for subject is better still.) Makes file sorts nearly brain-free.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        Whenever you think someone has set a new low for stupidity, someone else comes along and proves you wrong. Stupidity is a bottomless pit.
                        "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Working...
                        X