This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support Stupidity...

I was reading this thread http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=74685 to my Roommate, who related to me the following stories of his tech supporting career:

My Roommate is a supervisor for a cable company. A customer was complaining about her bill, saying that she had never agreed to these charges. Of course, calls are recorded, so roommate pulled-up her previous call to double-check. And of COURSE she HAD agreed to all the charges. When he informed the customer of this, she stated “I don’t believe you.” He then told her that he could let her listen to the previous call. She then stated “I don’t care what your recording says, I KNOW what I said!” She refused to listen to the call and her situation had to get escalated to management, because she somehow believed that the recording could have been changed to have her saying anything.

Over 10-years ago when he worked for another service provider, he was helping a lady trouble-shoot on her computer. After being in the business for so long, you can almost visualize what’s on the customer’s screen. As he led her through ‘click start, go to the left-hand corner, click x…’ etc., she became more and more amazed and said “Oh my gosh, it’s almost like you can SEE my computer!” And he joked with her “No ma’am, we really can’t; but that’s a LOVELY sweater you’re wearing!”

"GASP!"*click*

He never did find out if she complained or not…
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    “No ma’am, we really can’t; but that’s a LOVELY sweater you’re wearing!”

"GASP!"*click*

He never did find out if she complained or not…
    She wasn't wearing a sweater.

Or anything else.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The sweater story is a tech support call center urban myth. I heard the same one at "Plate" satellite when I was training for tech support. It's a hilarious way to remind techs not to have too much fun with customers. It's also best told in the first person, like the pilot/stewardess joke in "Good Will Hunting."

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
        The sweater story is a tech support call center urban myth. I heard the same one at "Plate" satellite when I was training for tech support. It's a hilarious way to remind techs not to have too much fun with customers. It's also best told in the first person, like the pilot/stewardess joke in "Good Will Hunting."
        Huh, I guess he wanted to see if the joke actually worked. He was right! Really, you'd be amazed what his customers flip-out about; even if he sounds too nice, too polite, not happy enough...you can't win.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At "Plate"Network satellite it was a woman who thought the red light on the receiver was the same as the red light on her husband's camcorder and that "Plate" was recording her. After a few minutes of arguing with her, the tech finally said "I like your blue sweater" and the woman started screaming because she was wearing a blue sweatshirt.

Myth or no, it's a great story!

Comment

Working...
          X