This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Seagulls

So, I just got back from Disneyworld. Kheldarson predicted that I would see huge teeming masses of sucky people while I was there.

Amazingly, I didn't really.

The suckiest thing that happened is that my mom got attacked by a seagull at Epcot. Seriously. She said they were like a gang of thugs waiting for someone to walk by with food. It exploded the fish and chips basket in her right hand while standing with its shitty little feet in the basket in her left. Came out of freaking nowhere.

Not cool.

There was this woman who glared at us getting off the elevator in the hotel who said "You do realize that this is the twelfth floor?" There was much talk among us all as to what exactly was meant by that. Can't say if it was sucky because I have no idea of her intent. But it was weird.

And some chick working at the burrito place over by Pirates of the Caribbean was clearly having a bad day according to my mom. She wasn't nasty to my mom, beyond leaving stuff out of her order, but mom saw her pitch a cupcake at the woman at the counter with some serious nasty stinkeye. You don't see that much at Disney, so it was noteworthy, I guess.

But yeah, I was waiting to come back here and tell you all the new stories, and I really just don't have any.

Which I guess is a good thing, actually.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-12-2011, 04:36 AM.

If they would round up all the seagulls in all the world and just shoot 'em, I would not miss them one bit.

They're flying dumpsters. In the warmer months they like to congregate in our parking lot and dine on various pieces of garbage they find around. You'll see a bunch of them fighting over a McDonalds french cry carton.

And they shit everywhere! I have to take my hat off the one who bombed my car at work the other day. It was so cold it froze rock-hard. I thought it was too cold for seagulls. Note to self: avoid parking under lampposts in parking lot.

Being on a lake I got way way too many seagulls around here.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

They are kind of nasty, you got that right.

My mom lost BOTH her lunch and my dad's! She's all like "well, nobody wants to eat that now he's had his feet in it!" And this was such an ongoing thing down there that other guests were going, "they'll give you a replacement free, this happens all the time."

I was down in Magic Kingdom and I saw egrets. Frigging SNOWY EGRETS stalking around the garbage cans. EGRETS! YES! I was so shocked, I was going "Dude, you are not a parasite bird. I'd expect this out of a pigeon or a finch or even a seagull or a duck. But an egret? You got to be kidding me!"

And then this cast member was out there feeding the ibis near Casey's hot dogs (note: Don't eat there unless you like something that tastes and looks disturbingly like undercooked wang. I'm just sayin'.) I had no idea ibis liked corn dog nuggets but I guess you learn something new every day if you keep your eyes open. So I guess with that going on, one can hardly be surprised to find snowy egrets fearlessly trolling trash cans.

Comment

And then this cast member was out there feeding the ibis near Casey's hot dogs (note: Don't eat there unless you like something that tastes and looks disturbingly like undercooked wang. I'm just sayin'.)
        So there's a lot of jokes to be made there, but the question I have is when have you has COOKED Wang?

Comment

Maybe it's because you went in the off-season RK.

But I guess the birds made up for it...? Weird stuff there.
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            I was down in Magic Kingdom and I saw egrets. Frigging SNOWY EGRETS stalking around the garbage cans. EGRETS! YES! I was so shocked, I was going "Dude, you are not a parasite bird. I'd expect this out of a pigeon or a finch or even a seagull or a duck. But an egret? You got to kidding me
            a never ending food source can make any animal a scavenger
            Last edited by Dave1982; 02-16-2011, 12:24 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

When I worked for the mouse, Casey's was one of my regular stops in Magic Kingdom. That and Sleepy Hollow for their ice cream sandwiches- great now I want one... I would generally grab a dog and then eat it while sitting on the benches near the bridge to Adventureland- had the area to myself most of the time despite the park being packed.

The only thing I can think of when it comes to the 12th floor comment is the Tower of Terror in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Maybe they were telling you to get off while you still could?

On a gross, pesky bird note- I saw one of those giant white birds eating a small songbird while in the Magic Kingdom. I think I got a photo of it due to being so surprized that the bird would eat that. I used to hit MK after work (around 5 PM after getting home, changing, eating dinner, and taking the bus to the park). I spent my time walking around; people watching; taking photos of animals, attractions, and scenery; and going on the rides/seeing the shows.

Did you dine at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom? I love their Hot Italian-Style Sandwiches. I loved Artists Pallet in Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa's Turkey Ceasar sandwich, but it has been removed from the menu since I worked there.

Comment

Well, I ate some of the kid's corn dog nuggets and I can see why the ibis liked them. Those were excellent. But I am telling you that was a limp, soggy hot dog. That cost seven frigging dollars.

Egrets do eat frogs and fish and such, so I imagine a songbird might not be too far of a stretch. And considering how tame the birds there are, I guess it's not so surprising a egret was able to catch one. Weird, but I suppose given the context it makes sense.

Didn't leave Magic Kingdom, so no. Had my five year old in tow, and neither she nor the husband wanted to leave there, so we stayed there, which was fine. We had a blast. Ate in the castle one night, and at Chef Mickey's, and at the Wave. Plus a lot of forgettable crap food we picked up as snacks and light meals. We ate a lot of breakfasts in the Wave, and that place has the best grits I ever ate in my life. I don't normally eat grits because I am normally a low carber, but I made an exception for those. Just amazing.

My daughter was absolutely princess crazy. That meal in the castle was sooooo fun for her.

And the twelfth floor thing happened in our hotel. My sister suggested we looked too much like unwashed vagrants to have any business on that floor, but I don't know what was different about that floor than any other.
                Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-12-2011, 06:10 AM.

Comment

I got some great photos of a great white heron posing for me around the old west area of magic kingdom. Though, I did make the mistake of laying food flat in my hand for it, forgetting that they feed by STABBING THEIR PREY! Ehe, he didn't break the skin.

Starlings. Starlings flock and poop and flock and poop.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The suckiest thing that happened is that my mom got attacked by a seagull at Epcot. Seriously. She said they were like a gang of thugs waiting for someone to walk by with food.
                    That is one of the best descriptions I've ever heard of them. Especially after watching one sidle up to a woman in Princes Street Gardens looking like, if it could talk, saying, "Hey, lady, you gonna eat that?"

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    If they would round up all the seagulls in all the world and just shoot 'em, I would not miss them one bit.

Being on a lake I got way way too many seagulls around here.
                    I still haven't figured out why there are some up in Rio Rancho. The closest large body of water to us is Elephant Butte 200 miles south of here.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    Starlings. Starlings flock and poop and flock and poop.
                    And grackles. Damn, but I hate those birds. Don't see a whole lot of them here in ABQ, but they're all over the place in Las Cruces. It's really nasty after they've been feasting on mulberries....
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Rhakin View Post
                      So there's a lot of jokes to be made there, but the question I have is when have you has COOKED Wang?
                      Oh, so many jokes to be had here...

Comment

(note: Don't eat there unless you like something that tastes and looks disturbingly like undercooked wang. I'm just sayin'.)
                        where's Sheldon when we need him?

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          I still haven't figured out why there are some up in Rio Rancho. The closest large body of water to us is Elephant Butte 200 miles south of here.
                          Meh. I ran into a gang of gulls at a prairie campground on my one trip across Saskatchewan (in 1978). Scavengers are everywhere, especially if they've got wings.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I hate seagulls. And I live near the coast, so they're everywhere. The portrayal of seagulls in "Finding Nemo" was too nice. Pigeons may be flying rats, but the crows will scare them away. Nothing seems to scare seagulls.
                            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                            HR believes the first person in the door
                            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                            Document everything
                            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Seagulls are worshipped here because of their binge & purge eating behavior.

The Miracle of Bulimia!
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X