This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicey is PISSED OFF!

Ok so the boy is in town. All day Ive been knitting knitting knitting trying to finish his B-day gift. Im 3 rows away when meimei calls. Meimei has work all day on her feet and needs to go to the bank so she asks me to pick her up ( :tears: so close but i love my meimei) so i leave my knitting of go pick up meimei.

after going to the bank and getting he b-day gift for the boy (hes boring he only every wants money i make him things so he has to love them) she asks if we can get food. I check the clock and since it isnt 7:20 yet and the boy is suppose to be her until 9 i say fine but it has to be fast food. After some quick discussing between us we decide on KFC because its realitvely fast, its within 4 miles and meimei has wet dreams involving their mac-n-cheese.

so off we go though a maze of road construction and order.

We order a 14 piece of grilled chicken meal that comes with a cake and a box of strips and dipping sauces for the boy (we could never eat 14 pieces of chicken, 3 sides 6 biscuits and cake just between the two of us but we all love cold chicken for breakfast) we are told that grilled chicken is a bit of a wait. We ask how long and we are told 7 minutes 10 at the most. Meimei only like the grilled so i sigh and say ok we can wait the 10 minutes. We pulls up, pay, pull around to a parking spot and start a marathon discussion on idiots with too much money, voyeurism (hgtv being a big member in this) and make up stories for the people in the parking lot. After awhile we realize its past 7 minutes and passed 10 minutes we check our clock and its close to 25 minutes!!!! My sister gets out of the car (cause im barefoot cause i like to drive that way and i was knitting in my knickers all morning so i just threw on pants and ran) and goes into find out what the hell is wrong. The girl meets her at the door apologizes profusely and offers drinks to compensate our wait, my sister not needing any caffiene (or any more WW points that day) knowing i don't need anything and just happy with the apology and the offer of compensation waves it off, gets back in the car and off we go back home, where when i look at the clock i am sadden to realise i lost an hour in total from this whole excursion.

I immediately sit back down grab my knitting and get back to work (seriously my left hand is like dead right now) while meimei gos and gets plates and getting herself food. Im half way done with a the row im on (this afgan is 3 and half feet wide :tears: its alot of stitches) i here her sigh and say 'ok it took almost 3 times longer than they said and they didn't give us any honey butter'.

Ok Annoying but we can handle that it is an extra little thing for the meal and they where really wanting to get us our food.

I finish the row and start another knitting fast and furious and I hear 'What! oh come on we ordered those at the box!' i say 'Whats wrong?' and meimei says 'They didn't give us any dipping sauce like we ordered!"

More annoyed but again trying to help get us out of there and when the boy shows up at 8:30 (I CURSE HIM AND HIS LEAD FOOT AND HIS NEED FOR SPEED FOR GETTING THERE 30 MINUTES EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS DONE AT 9 EXACTLY!!!!) He says 'Its ok i don't like dipping sauces'

so i take a food break because all this knitting is making me extra cursy ive said things out-loud that made my meimei step back and say ok that was a little violent, mean and scary.
    I eat, i finish the afgan just as boy is getting ready to leave us to visit his friends (he does this every single time!) i sigh sit back to watch tv. at 9:40 my mom gets home and my sister says 'Ok i want sweet lets have some cake' She goes to the the bag looks through it and then i hear 'OH YOU GOT TO BE F***** KIDDING ME'

thats right folk they didnt give us the cake, That we ordered specifically, that we paid for. Ok now im Pissed.
    The order took almost 3 times longer than they quoted with no one coming out to talk to us being longer, they gave us no condiments at all even the ones we ordered, and now THEY DIDNT GIVE US SOMETHING WE PAID FOR?????

I put on shoes, get in my car with meimei (cause she paid) and drive down there (no i didnt break any street laws the fastest i went the whole time was 45 in a 40 and thats cause it was nice and deserted) we get there about 3 minutes before close i walk in go to the counter and wait patiently. The manager sees me and comes over.

the conversation:
    Manager: Hi can I help you?
    Me: Yeah you guys seriously screwed up my order.
    Manager: Oh?
    Me: It took 3 times longer than you told us, you forgot the dipping causes that we ordered and to top it all off you forgot the cake we bought. *glare and crossing my arms because i want to scream but that way lies sucky and crossing my arms shall control me*
    Manager: *Looks behind her at an employee, the one who served us and has a look on her face OMG i knew i forgot something* turns around rolls her eyes, sighs and says in the laziest bored voice ive ever heard not on a 16 year old 'Yeah. well, what do you want me to do about that.

Slicey is now pissed off enough to want grab the manager and break things.

Me: Just get me the cake i ordered.
    the employee behind her quickly grabs a cake and hands it to me, i glare again at the manager and storm out. Meimei, who stode next to me the entire time because she does not like confrontation at all says the moment the door closes behind us 'What a bitch! At least she can try to make it better not just blow us!'

And thus that location lost a customer.

I wasn't going in there expecting a full refund or anything, but if she had offered me a partial refund to cover the cake, a second cake,a coupon or even just a written voucher i would have lost all the pissed offness, happily accepted and would patronize that location again.

But the manager decided to take the road of bare possible minimum effort pissed me off more and since i don't even like KFC that much ive cut that location from my buying radar.

When slicey gets pissed off slicey gets stabby so watch out.
    Last edited by Sliceanddice; 02-12-2011, 02:10 PM.

Sounds to me like you should make full use of this.:

http://www.kfc.com/contact/

That manager needs an attitude adjustment.

Mistakes will be made. Points to the girl for her quick actions when she realized that she had made a mistake.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

What a useless manager. "What do you want me to do"...ugh..I don't know..give me what I ordered!

Comment

not even an apology? wow, someone has a position they didn't earn.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

You ordered a cake and didn't get it? The cake was a lie?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero
            You ordered a cake and didn't get it? The cake was a lie?
            *throws snowballs*

Comment

cake or death?
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I see a pair of people who need to switch jobs, and a customer who actually is entitled to a free meal for once. Call corporate.

The manager and the girl need a role-reversal. People will make mistakes, but her immediate attempt to fix it once the problem came to light, as opposed to his bare-boned, threadbare reply clearly shows which one is more useful to the company.

This, coming from a person who thinks consumers should leave whatever business they enter in ten minutes or less, with no complaining allowed.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I would call corporate. Not sure how KFC works, but a Mickey D's location is only penalized if a customer calls to complain, not so with emails. Either way, I would definitely contact corporate.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Umm, as much as we all hate the whinny customers who go to corprate for things...I REALLY think you need to.

You are fully justified for this, and i think that at the very least, it will make them aware of the issue. It may not make you go back, but if you can get coupons or crap for it, you can give them to family who WILL still go there.
                    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Not to be an ass, but I would say don't bother. This sounds familiar to what my family had happen to us on two occasions (first order was a 2 1/2 wait and wanted full price despite being assured we would get a discount and second one was half the order missing). In both circumstances we contacted the corporate line and THEY blew us off.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I gotta agree with the majority here -- you were screwed, the employee knew it, but she obviously couldn't say anything to that flake of a manager >_>

Go ahead and email AND call corporate, it's worth a shot. Maybe just ask for gift certs usable at ANY location and don't return to that one.

Sadly, my world record for getting food in a KFC is about 5 minutes -- with no customers ahead of me, with all of the food already under the heatlamps. They're always been slooooow here, and customer service is hit and miss.

There's a reason that they're (a) scarce, and (b) either the 3rd or 4th-most popular fried chicken here >_< (1st - popeyes, it was founded here, 2nd- church's, 3/4 - between KFC and Brother's, a gas station franchise that makes "homestyle" chicken and has many more outlets than KFC does)

=======================

On an up note -- I used to work at "Daddy Jim's" pizza -- when you email or call in a complaint there, it shows up in-store the next morning for the Openers to see; I sent a comment in one time just to test it Generally an entire district gets copies of each others' complaints/compliments, if for no better reason than being able to rag on one another
                        Last edited by EricKei; 02-14-2011, 03:21 AM.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                        X