This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner Pwner

I've recently moved jobs. My new role is in the building above a food court.

This morning, I was getting a toasted sandwitch for breakfast when I heard a raised voice at the food place next door. Some girl was sobbing as she was verbally reamed by some red-faced pimple.

A fellow in a nice suit waiting patiently to be served there stepped forward.

Guy in nice suit: Hey, leave her alone. I want to speak to your manager.
    Loud mouthed pimple: I am the manager. This is a diciplinery matter, it does not concern you.
    GINS: You think? <Pulls out a phone and presses an auto dial> Hi, Lisa, can you tell me who is on at $STORE this morning? <pause> Thanks. Can you put me through to his mobile? Thanks. <pause> Frank? It's Vincent. Hi. I was told you were on at $STORE today. Where are you? <pause> Can you come out front? Thanks. <hangs up>
    LMP: Er.

At this point a chap steps out from the back room with cleaning gloves and an apron on.

(Presumably) Frank: Hello sir. I didn't realise you were coming around today.
    GINS: This idiot here said that he was a manager. You want to tell me why he was claiming that and putting this young lady in a position to sue me for providing her with a hostile working environment?
    LMP: I was just uh, I was, um...
    Frank: You said you were a manager?
    LMP: Well I, uh, um...
    GINS: Is he necessary?
    Frank: No. I can handle it today.
    GINS: Get out. You don't talk to my employees like that. And Frank, you need to keep a better eye on things.
    LMP: <RUNS to the back room>
    Frank: Yes sir. Sorry sir.
    GINS: And you, young lady. Can I have a blueberry muffin please.
    Girl: Um, yes sir.

Breakfast and a show to start the morning. I had a smile for hours.

Wow that's a bloody awesome pwnage.

I hope the girl feels a lot better ... especially knowing that the owner cares that much about how his workers are treated.

i'm betting LMP doesn't come back. I mean it's one thing to yell at another worker but... to then pull the "stfu" attitude with a customer - or his boss - shows what kind of person he is.

Comment

And I'll bet dollars to donuts he just turned her into a very loyal employee. I love it.

Comment

That is absolutely epic.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

This is very awesome indeed.

It would have been even better if he'd taken Frank to one side to remind him to keep a closer eye on his employees...but generally, very cool
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Both LMP and Frank got pwned. I don't agree that taking Frank to one side would have made that huge impact...

Comment

Very true, Frank did get pwned too.

cos if LMP was yelling that loudly at the girl... did Frank really not notice?

Comment

I don't mind Frank getting a side-order of pwnd as well. A manager should (most don't, but should) know what's going on with their employees. LMP never should have gotten to the point he was at in the first place.

Comment

I think I want to marry GINS.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

It sounds to me like LMP just got fired...which is what should happen if someone is being that abusive, especially in a work environment.

So, who's got the cloning machine set up for GINS? It sounds like we need several hundred more of him.

Comment

Quoth Lucky Charm View Post
                      It sounds to me like LMP just got fired...which is what should happen if someone is being that abusive, especially in a work environment.
                      It would appear so, because this...

Quoth draco664 View Post
                      GINS: Get out. You don't talk to my employees like that.
                      ...implies that LMP is not one of his employees, at least as of that moment.

I have to say, after reading so many posts about the other sort of boss, it's quite refreshing to find one like this. I'm gonna be all night on thie strength of this.
                      Last edited by Shalom; 02-16-2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

What a fantastic guy.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Lucky Charm View Post
                          So, who's got the cloning machine set up for GINS? It sounds like we need several hundred million more of him.
                          Fixed that for ya.

Comment

What struck me is all the people who pull the "do you know who I am?" line - THIS is how you do it! Not turn to the idiot and say "do you know who I am?" Instead, call the DM, connect to the SM, and have them come out and tell the idiot who you are!

Or, what about all the "I'm a friend of the owner" people? This puts them all in their place.

And one more lesson - never lie about being the manager, you never know if you're talking to your manager's boss!
                            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Never mess with the owner if you want to keep your job (I just wish Lazy Ass would learn that lesson).
                              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                              X