This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Biddy and the Chocolate Bars

Mrs. IA and I went grocery shopping today. On our short list of items were dark chocolate bars. Upon arriving at the candy section of the store, I immediately grabbed the last four 72% Cacao Ghirardelli bars from their box, and starting discussing with Mrs. IA which other varieties we should get since the second one we wanted was out of stock.

In the midst of the discussion, Mrs. IA's elbow swings up and almost hits me in the face. I am not pleased with this and respond, only to find out the Old Biddy had come behind my wife and had elbowed my wife out of the way so she could get to the chocolate. The Old Biddy never said a word. We would have moved if she had politely asked, but she didn't.

We selected the reminder of the chocolate we wanted, and continued our shopping. After the Old Biddy was out of sight, I told Mrs. IA that the Old Biddy had been served by karma for her actions. The first thing she had picked up from the chocolate area was the box I had just emptied. No 72% Cacao Ghirardelli bars for her!
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Do you like the taste or using them for cooking? I can't seem to get past 40% unless it's for cooking.

As for the old lady....well meh to her and her rudeness.

Comment

they have some what is 86% percents one? what ever the percentage they are heaven.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Do you like the taste or using them for cooking? I can't seem to get past 40% unless it's for cooking.
        We like the higher percentage cacoa because we're not as likely to eat the whole bar at once. Mrs. IA's doctor recommended she eat 1 ounce of dark chocolate each day for it's medicinal effect. The 70% seems to the best for us. 86% is too bitter for Mrs. IA, although I do like it.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I like 85% and darker /drool

Ignoring the sex jokes that will come (hurr hurr) If you hold the chocolate in your mouth longer while your eating it, it tastes sweeter, and you get the smooth textures and other flavors that the crazy chocoholics talk about.
          "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

I love t he really dark stuff for the same reason IA and spouse do - I don't eat as much at a time. With the standard 'dark', I can eat an entire bar way too quickly - with the higher percentages, I'll spend a few minutes on one small chunk.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Huh, lucky me. I've never really been able to binge on chocolate (unless it's like Reese's Cups or similar where there's something else mixed in), so even milk chocolate bars tend to last a while with me.

Other candies, on the other hand.... ::shifty eyes::
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've had 88% that was delish. I won't eat milk chocolate any more. Only super dark for me!
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I actually like eating unsweetened baking chocolate. I'm a fan of the bitterness. The darker the chocolate, the better for me.
                  "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Mmmm.....dark chocolate....droooooollll.....
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The 99% "Bindt" bars do make the best hot fudge sauce.
                      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

i remember trying something like that in japan. i forgot how dark it was but... it was somewhere between 80-90.

and at that point it tasted like i was eating bitter wax

Comment

I miss eating chocolate. Having a severe theobromine sensitivity really blows.

But I ADORE Lindt's white chocolate. Melt some in your coffee, it's amazing.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                          X