This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client cancelled the contract

Found out today that the client cancelled the contract. The client is the parking office at the university I work at as a contract parking attendant. The supervisor at the parking company I work for told me this today at work. The last day I work at the client site is the last Friday of this month.

Maybe now they will see how much of idiots they were.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
      Maybe now they will see how much of idiots they were.
      From what I understand, they are going through a temporary employment agency to hire temps for the job. It will be interesting on whether or not this is a good idea. The client supervisor has very high expectations, & wants high caliber people working inside the booth. I wonder if her wish comes true.

Comment

Wow. Because every temp they have ever hired at my job hasn't walked out in discust half way thru a shift. Or because they have very little to lose told off a idiot manager.

Comment

Let me guess, high caliber at minimum wage. Like that is going to work.

Will your agency working to relocate you, or are you going to have to do the job hunting?
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

They don't want high calibre people, they want people who'll do what they're told - without taking into account the fact that they get told 12 different conflicting things daily.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Something I thought of this morning

Whoever works inside the Visitor parking booth has to have access to the computer since the Visitor parking reservations are posted on the Outlook calendar.

So that means that I will have to give the client my log in name & password. As of September 4th I will no longer be working there, & so I am not obligated to do that.

I have no idea what their plans are for computer access, but I will not be giving them my log in information.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
                Will your agency working to relocate you, or are you going to have to do the job hunting?
                My direct supervisor is looking to relocate me. I will be covering for someone who will be going on vacation the first week of September.

If needed, I will apply for partial unemployment & look for a job.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Comment

I hope they find somewhere good for you to work.
                  "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Good luck!
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
                    X