This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pre-holiday nasty customers

With September upon us once again then that means the holiday season isn't too far away. & you all know what that means-SUCKY CUSTOMERS with attitudes bigger than a house!
    What amazes me is that in certain stores there are already Halloween & Christmas stuff in place already! It's no wonder that by the time Christmas rolls around a lot of people are tired of it cause it's been in their face for months on end.
    Early in August I was at Dollar Tree & saw Christmas decorations for sale! In AUGUST!!
    They wanted to make extra moolah so they tied that in with their back-to-school sales.
    Last year I worked Black Friday. This year? NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!!.....LMAO!!

I remember last fall, at the factory, the night before Black Friday. Of course, Thursday is our last night of the week on 3rd shift (unless you have to do overtime that weekend). All the old hens were contemplating their plan of attack shopping the next day. Some of them even used vacation time to get off work at 3 or 4 am to get ready to go shopping at 6 am or earlier! IDIOTS.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      Some of them even used vacation time to get off work at 3 or 4 am to get ready to go shopping at 6 am or earlier! IDIOTS.
      But it makes for some excelent youtube videos
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I do not shop on Black Friday or Christmas Eve. The one time I went to the mall on Christmas Eve it took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Never again. If I don't have it by then, you aren't getting it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have to say, I went to Target one Black Friday, but around noon. This was AFTER all the toy specials, etc, and it really wasnt' all that crowded. I was surprised....

And last year, I hit the outlets by my parents on Christmas Eve, and it was pretty dead! Again, I was surprised, but I think overall last year, my impression was people weren't spending as much as they had in the past.

Malls, however, I'm betting were a whole other story.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            I do not shop on Black Friday or Christmas Eve. The one time I went to the mall on Christmas Eve it took me 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Never again. If I don't have it by then, you aren't getting it.
            I've never shopped on either day and don't plan to start this year.

I'll get the Christmas shopping started, if everything works out, by the end of this month and wrap it up by the end of the first week of December.

Also, I'll be buying as much as I can online - that way I don't have to deal with the crowds. Saves gas too.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My Christmas shopping is ¾ done and I never left the house.

And I only buy 4 gifts.

I'm wore out!

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I buy online as I hate dealing with the traffic and the idiots. I don't like malls to begin with anyway and people turn into idiots on speed when holiday shopping is involved.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Rather than doing malls for Black Friday, my friends and I went to an outdoor market about an hour away. It was all Amish people and some east Asians, and let me tell you, Amish food is GREAT. All in all, a nice change of pace for shopping.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    I do not shop on Black Friday or Christmas Eve.
                    I've gone shopping on Christmas Eve before. Usually as a lark. It's not bad, really.

Except at the store where I work. Holy biscuit...the place was a madhouse. Everyone told me to hide from the managers, or else I'd be put to work, lack of a uniform notwithstanding.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X