This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC debacle at 2am........

Yesterday was a busy day for us. There was a college footbal game in the next town and that means over flow rooms for us. We got filled up pretty quick, and only had a few undesirable rooms left after 11pm (smoking). I gave those out by midnight, and only had a couple guaranteed room reservations left to arrive. Both rooms called in to cancel at 1am. So now I have 2 non smoking double queens.
    This is where it gets interesting. Between 1am and 2am, I get a dozen people come in looking for rooms, but none of them want to pay the rate for the rooms. I was asking $99, they all wanted $60 or less, but at 9pm, we rent out the same rooms for $120.
    Well, at 2am, this guy comes in. He asks for a room, I tell him we have 2 left. He says he needs 3 rooms. I tell him again, only 2 rooms left. He then does something that a lot of people do as a negotiation tactic, but does it at the wrong time. He threatens to leave unless I can produce this 3rd room. I tell him that I only have the 2, thats it (no exaggeration, they were probably the only 2 room left in town). So he leaves, shaking his head like I did something wrong.
    The next two people that walk in the door take the 2 rooms I have left. Great, I can now put the "SORRY, NO ROOMS AVAILABLE" signs on the front doors and play my PS3. About 20 minutes later, jackass that wanted three rooms enters. I let him in, and he says "I guess I'll take those 2 rooms". I wanted to smack him. I told him that we dont have them anymore, hence, the sign on the front doors. He looks at me like I just told him he is dead and he is speaking to God Almighty himself. He then says "Thats crazy, I was just in here 2 minutes ago", it was more like 30 minutes, but this is SCworld, so I guess it was 2 minutes
    So then he says "why the hell didn't you just hold the rooms for me then?". What? YOU DIDN'T WANT THEM JACKTARD!!!! Then his wife enters, he turns to her and says "he gave OUR rooms away, we have to sleep in the truck!". Now this dumb lady is looking at me as if that were true.
    Amazing, the way SC's live, in there world, they are never wrong, awesome.

Don't worry, I'm sure it was eventful sleeping in their truck. And I hope it was cold last night.

This concept of SC World is intriguing, though... I wonder what the admission rules are---oh wait, what am I thinking... it's SC World.
    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

In the middle of the night, you don't haggle or bitch. You grab what's left and make the best of it.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You snooze you lose....LOL.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          You snooze you lose....LOL.
          But he didn't snooze, that was the whole point of getting the 3 rooms.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

A link to an old post that is still funny.

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=959
            Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

Working...
            X