This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jewellery Cabinet

Beside our counter we have a 6 foot glass cabinet that we keep some of the more expensive items in. One of the doors doesn't open due to the lock being jammed and no one getting around to fixing it. So anyway, I had an arm full of necklaces and was reaching in to hang them up when some woman pushes me out of the way! No "Excuse me", it was a full on push. Luckily I caught myself on the counter and didn't damage anything but I was shocked. I'm used to people pushing around me in the shop (small shop and small Moonlight - I get easily overlooked and they do get the obligatory glare) but I had never been hit with such force that I actually fell. I would have given her a mouthful but, well, area manager was in the office and I didn't really want a telling off (although I'm sure she would have been fine with it).

But that jewellery cabinet is a bone of contention among the staff. I've seen people slide their fingernails inbetween the doors to try and open them. There's a sign on the door that says "Please ask a member of staff to open this cabinet for you". My bad, they don't read signs do they? I've seen people try and rock it. I've had people stand there and take out every piece and examine it while a queue of customers backs up at the counter (no way am I leaving some of the scum of the city anywhere near an open cabinet).

Right, I'm off to cry. I can feel my brain melting just thinking about them.
    Idiot-proofing myself since 1997
Working...
X