This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    Just this week they changed the phones so that you need to know a two digit code to get an outside line. Customers figured out the press 9+ number and started making personal calls fro the sales floor phones marked "employees only"
    LOL.... I wish I could be there to see the looks on their faces when they try the phones, but they do not work! I can only assume that there will be some nasty cases of CBF.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth SpyOne View Post
      I've thought about it quite a bit, and the only explanation I can come up with that fits all the facts is this: her drug dealer won't take calls from a payphone. And that's really not my problem.
      Don'tcha just love crackheads?

Comment

one of the most important reason the gas station had the no customer using the store phone was a very very simple reason.

there are certain key sequences that can be punched in that will enable an outsider to take over or use for free your phone system. this can lead to overseas calls (very very expensive) prank calls malicious calls, etc.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Anyone ever seen a person with a cell phone asking you if they can use your phone?

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
            Anyone ever seen a person with a cell phone asking you if they can use your phone?
            No, I haven't. And I would like to invite this person to have their friend come inside and meet me sometime to prove this friend exists. Hell, I'd love to see the friend's car, too, the car she left her cell phone in.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
              Nope, that's a new one to me.

Comment

I saw it once. It was at a car show I believe. A guy was walking around, carrying a cell phone, asking people if he could use theirs.

Granted, he may not have had service or something, but it was a site to see.

Not sure what the first reply about the friend and car thing was about though

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                  Nope, that's a new one to me.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=69 for Spiffy's War Story involving that very aspect.

Raspcallion

Comment

Thanks Raps, I knew I had seen it once, but I could have sworn I read about it here too.

Comment

I have a simple solution - if someone I don't know asks me to lend them my cellphone, I simply say "Only if you give me a thousand bucks first."
                      What's stopping them from running off with my phone and running up my bill? They have a better chance of winning the lottery than of me lending them my only means of contacting my friends and family via phone.
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Thanks for the link, Raps!

Yep, the battery guy is a definite winner.

Comment

I actually had someone come into the store today asking to use the phone. The rule at our store is that we will let customers use the phone, if they have actually bought something, and we have to dial the number.
                          Today I had some girl, about 16, walk in, ask if I worked there, then said can I use your phone. I of course said "no". Apparently, she walked into about 10 stores and asked all of them. And then finally went to a pay phone.

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
                            Yep, the battery guy is a definite winner.
                            Nah - he smells of failure!

Rapscallion

Comment

Our store used to have a pay phone. Actually, before I started there it used to have two, which I was told was ripped off the wall in an incident that involved a very pissed off customer and then the police...

The phone at the customer service desk CAN dial out, but only makes local calls, or 1-800 calls (so the customers can call the number for their credit card, or guest relations, or things like that). It gets used a lot for cabs, and sometimes for 'why was my card declined??'. Cell phones in general are not local calls, so we got lots of complaints about that, but it usually wasn't a problem.

Then the main service counter phone dies. We have a backup, but it's old and crappy and the volume sucks. We deal.

Then the pay phone dies, and is removed. Noooooot good. Still, we deal.

Then, the crappy second line phone decides that it's being used far too much, and it doesn't want to work anymore, thank you very much. We now have no pay phone and no courtesy phone...oh, and no way to do things like contact refund authorization or other stores. We practically had people lining up to complain to us about this state. It's broken, go away and leave us alone!
                              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I should use that one suggestion for a few pages back.

"Sure, it would be possible for you to use our phone, were it allowed to be used for anything but business-related calls. You can, however, use the pay-phones in the corridor between here and Wendy's."
                                Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

Working...
                                X