This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griping to me because you don't like the benefits

of a plan you don't pay for will not endear you to me.

Hi everyone.

I do customer service for a vision insurance company. We have two main types of plans: funded (that you enroll in and pay for) and discount (freebee you get for working at x company and/or having y medical/dental coverage). I get this all the time:

SC: what does this plan cover for x?
    Me: It gives this amount discount.
    SC: Well, that's not very much at all.
    Me: It is a discount plan, and discount plans don't have the same type of coverage as our funded plans.
    SC: That sucks. Can't you change that? I should get more of a benefit.
    Me: (thinking) Well, if you actually paid for this plan, I could understand your gripe. Seeing as how you don't, though, I'd really rather not hear it.

Have the NOT heard the phrase, "You get what you pay for?"
    MySpace

ugh, totally agree. If you want better coverage, then its going to be more expensive. really not that hard to understand. Why do people expect amazing coverage and no copay when they pay the bare minimum (or in your case, nothing)?
    its discounted for a reason. it doesn't cost much, because it isn't worth much.

I also really hate anyone that complains about a free service. i used to work in a college department for a graduate program. The department would buy lunch for the students almost once every week. There was always a girl who would complain about what was served. if you don't like it so much, then why come?????? And she wasn't allergic, she was just a picky eater that was a pain in the ass!
    =^..^= AKAThePoof
    my alter ego is my cat

Comment

That's something to take up with your employer, not the vision plan provider.

I wish I had better vision coverage, especially as most of my day is spent on a computer.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I've been on both sides of this one. I was in a motorcycle wreck a few years back, and my bike insurance only covers damage to the bike and other vehicles/people. So I had to put my relatively minor injuries on my work provided health coverage, which I should add was being paid for out of my check. Not all of it, of course, my employer paid a big chunk of it, but it still cost me about $100 a month.

They didn't want to pay for anything, they initially balked at my paramedic helicopter ride(completely unnecessary, since my injuries were minor, but ambulances didn't come to where I was, and I didn't get it pre-approved, to which I have to say, I DIDN'T PLAN THIS WRECK!), and they called me about a dozen times to go over x-ray bills, physical therapy bills, etc. However, I didn't call them and chew them out. I talked to my boss. I told him what the coverage was worth(Jack Schitt), and as soon as possible, I dropped it and got Blue Shield for the same money.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth AKATHEPOOF View Post

I also really hate anyone that complains about a free service. i used to work in a college department for a graduate program. The department would buy lunch for the students almost once every week. There was always a girl who would complain about what was served. if you don't like it so much, then why come?????? And she wasn't allergic, she was just a picky eater that was a pain in the ass!
          My company buys the service and parts departments lunch on Saturdays. It's always provided free as long as you are on the clock that day, but it never ceases to amaze me the level of bitching I hear about what is provided. The company doesn't have to do this, they can always say "go get your own", but they still do it, at a cost of about $300! It's always something pretty good, yet some people have to cry about it. Man, it pisses me off.
          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Attorneys get free lunch once a week, staff gets free lunch every other week, and free breakfast once a week. Honestly, I'd rather they put the money toward a decent vision plan, but I'm not in charge.

It's free. If I can't eat the food because of allergies, I'm not going to complain. But you would not believe some of the whining (actually, you probably would).

The one thing I did say something about was the fact that they weren't planning the menus with all the vegetarians in mind. I'm not a vegetarian, but I got tired of seeing all of them come line up for lunch and there not being anything besides a salad for them to eat; there are a lot of vegetarians in the office. Now, they order most of the food with meat, and the rest of the meal vegetarian. Sometimes, the vegetarian food looks better than the regular.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X