This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Juwl View Post
    How did you manage that? My brother and I have been trying to get our parents to try sushi since before we moved to Texas, and they just won't do it.
    Pretty much, we got it for ourselves and let the girls try it. They liked it, so we helped them figure out which they like the most. Their favorite is the octopus. Of course, like I said before, it's a matter of their upbringing. They were never allowed to be picky about food. They had to try something before they could say they didn't like it. And so they discovered that food tastes good. It always amazed our friends that our kids would be eating stuffed bell peppers while they couldn't get theirs to eat anything but chocolate pudding and Nilla wafers (<--seriously).

--Dave

Comment

In my German class, one guy actually got mad at the professor for having us say "Da!" (which is "right here!" in German) during the roll call on the first day of class. He was angry because the professor had "no right assuming we German I students knew German all ready." The thing is though, as my prof. explained, as she started calling role what "Da!" meant. Sucky spoiled asshole boy dropped the class the next week.

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
        In my German class, one guy actually got mad at the professor for having us say "Da!" (which is "right here!" in German) during the roll call on the first day of class.
        Hmmm... sounds kind of like one of my classmates in German... who kept ragging on my brother's friends... he apparently knew them because my classmate used to go to my brother's school. One day I just blew up at him, and said, "Listen, you little jackass! I don't care what you think about the company my brother keeps. They're his friends, not your's, and thus, NOT your concern!"
        Other classmate suddenly chimes in, "Ooo, look who's got an attitude problem today."
        To which I said, "And you're one to talk, Jeff (forget his name), constantly trashing other people."
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
        X