Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Labor Day Woes - It just gets worse each day (language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day Woes - It just gets worse each day (language)

So... Labor Day... apparently all the "durr" types have wandered off the mountain with wads of cash to shove into my face and grunt about chicken.

I've been saving some of these for today because I've been laying on the couch in pain from my little falling incident.

World's Worst Mother

Friday, I was taking orders on front line, we were slightly busy. We didn't pick up on business until Saturday, anyway. I had my back turned to the front and this is what I hear from behind me.

Sucky Woman: You almost ran into me, you FAT COW!

I turned my head, figuring there was going to be a grand throwdown in the store. Either that, or we'd be the victims of a screaming match to end all. But lo and behold, there behind me was a small family, complete with Grandma, Mom, Daughter and Son. I'm guessing the little girl was about 11. Mom was screaming at her! ...who calls their minor child a fat cow? ...in public?

It didn't end there, though. They ordered, and I turned to pull out the pints of potatoes and gravy for them while the Grandmother was digging out her money. When I turned back around she was rolling her eyes at the Mother and daughter as they were getting their drinks (we have a self-serve machine).

Mom: Don't go having a tittysucker fit about this, just get the Sierra Mist!

At this point the daughter hadn't said anything back to her mom, and seemed intimidated. The grandmother was just rolling her eyes and didn't attempt to stop them. I think a "World's Worst Mother" and "World's Worst Grandmother" novelty coffee cup is in order for these two.

OMG Dragon

There was an older man at the register. I understand that some of us have hearing problems, it's okay, I myself can't hear well out of my left ear. But is it necessary to lean over the counter and register so far that your face is in my face, spewing forth brimstone and fire, telling me you want that order to be crispy?

Personal. Space. Please.

DT Freak Out

Some fellow in the DT tried to hold the window open, because if we push it open, it won't stay by itself, and I freaked out a little, no one's done that to me before---so I let my hip off the push bar that we use to hold the window open. And his fingers got snapped in the window. He cursed and let go of the window and I just gave him his food and shooed him along...

Durrrrrr...

SW: Okay, I want a two-piece meal and... do you have any sugar-free drinks?
    Me: We have Pink Lemonade.
    SW: Is that sugar-free?

Falling, falling, falling, down

I fell at work on Friday. Was moving awful fast through the store and stepped on the ledge going into the pack area, slid and fell on my knees. I put out my hands and jostled my shoulder badly, making it sore. I don't feel real good, and my hips are hurting.

Winged Menace

Fellow came in after calling today (Sunday), said his order was given to him as all wings, a whole ten piece chicken. I didn't recognize him, as I'd just come into the store, and I believe that I would have remembered a Grease Monkey as a customer since I'd only taken about 10-15 people's order thus far. So I told TL (manager) that I didn't know who took it, it wasn't me. (She asked me first, which is odd. Usually TL just caves to the customer.)

TL then tells the fellow that she didn't believe his chicken had been given to him as all wings without his knowledge. The only truth to this is: When we are short on chicken, and all we have are wings, or thighs, or something like that, we inform the customer, ask if they would like to wait, offer a free drink and give them their order (as all thighs or whatever, if they say that's okay). Other than that, the only reason he would get all wings is because he REQUESTED all wings.

What followed...

SC: What?!?!
    TL: I'm sorry sir, but we can't replace your order.
    SC: This is fucking ridiculous! I got ALL WINGS!!
    TL: Well, sir---
    SC: Fine, I'll go home and dig them out of the trash, bring em back and we'll see what happens then! I might just get a lawyer!

Hehehehe. Well, I've never been threatened with a lawyer before, but doesn't the fact that you ATE the chicken mean you felt it was okay enough at the time? (Who throws away perfectly good chicken when you could just bring it back to the store? Oh wait, SCs. Nevermind.)

So the fellow goes home, literally digs it out of the trash and brings it back in on a plate. Mostly eaten. I was amazed that he came back---I thought he was a scammer at first, then he only deepened that feeling by threatening us with a lawyer. When he brought back the chicken, I thought he had been had by our worthless day cashier. (Whom I have reported for stealing, as well as three other girls have, but no action has been brought. This is the foundation of my looking for a new job. SCs are bad enough, but SCWs are not my issue and I should not have to deal with them as the management is responsible for all of us.)

TL finally caves and gives him his chicken, because we were super busy and rather annoyed by this point. I'm still wondering if he was a true scammer (threatens to call lawyer, brings back food mostly eaten?) or just a poor customer who can't afford to eat KFC every day like some of our customers, and thought he deserved something good.

The SC Who Stands Out Because She's a Minority

I don't hold anything against our minority customers. A black couple just last week came in and told me to aspire to greatness. They ROCKED! We just don't get that many up here in southwestern PA and they tend to make more of an impact on my memory than the hundreds of caucasians I see every day.

This woman...

1. Will wait in line for thirty minutes AT LEAST.
    2. Always asks fifteen million questions about our products, often the same questions that she asked the last time she was in.
    3. Treats us girls like we're shit, which I note is common in people who are't white (reference, I lived in Albuquerque, Native Americans were some of the most racist people I'd ever seen).
    4. Always complains about the price, which hasn't changed since June. Nor the special price either, the Summer Feast. It was 19.99 then, and still is.

She's annoying.

On the bright side, though, we did get a lot of "Hang in there" and "You're doing great tonight!" comments today. Which is nice. I kinda flipped out about us not having chicken cooked up, because the boys in the back are very very bad about cooking on only one Henny (closed fryer for original chicken). If they had turned on the second Henny we wouldn't be out because we could cook about... oh, 128 pieces of chicken in 15 minutes. that would cover the four or five orders for 10 piece meals and 20 piece meals (with chicken to spare) that we received in that time. (Side note... I have some pictures of the Hennys... would it be okay to post them, do you think? I don't know if they are copyrighted or anything...)

MS burned his hand on the grease in the open-top fryer, second degree burns, which he goes to the "hopsicle" for; his back up JD throws up in the trash later on and then he ends up going home...

And to quote Dante from Clerks:

"...And I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

(Sunday was supposed to be my day off...)
    Last edited by NightAngel; 09-04-2007, 04:34 AM.
    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Time for you to find another line of work, I think.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
    X