This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day at Looneyland! (aka work)

Yeah, so today is Labor Day, a day where everybody in the free world except for me had the day off, judging by how nutty it was. And we had some fairly interesting customers, which I will tell you about in Gravekeeper/Kara CS style:

We demand...a shrubbery

Clueless guy: Yeah, do you have arbor vitaes yet?
    Me: Sorry, we do not.
    Clueless Guy: Are you sure? You have plants outside?
    Me: All we have out there are fall mums.
    Clueless Guy: Huh, Guess I'll have to go to (name of some year-round garden center). I would've bought them here if you had them.

Say, where were you when we had the garden center open through September that one year? Ended in epic fail it did. Another case of somebody requesting something we provided before but ended because the demand was nonexistent.

I will not buy this record, it is scratched

Guy comes in to pick up a futon bunk bed he bought yesterday but had to hold overnight until he could come with his truck to pick it up. When I got it out there we discovered it had a plastic strap missing (the straps hold the box closed but are really kinda useless because they break easily anyway) and a small hole in the box. Obviously this was completely unacceptable and proved that parts had to be missing, even though the smallest piece is about the length of the box and the hardware comes in a smaller box that couldn't possibly have dropped out of the small hole. So I had to drag that one back and try to find a different bunk bed whose box was in more pristine condition.

I hate people like this. Obviously it's different if there's huge gouges and rips in the box, and I avoid delivering those to customers whenever possible, but why does a tiny hole or a scratch that doesn't even go through the box automatically equal defective merchandise?

Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT!

For those of you who were locked in caves this weekend or just don't care about this kind of thing, the football team from Appalachian State University, from Boone NC (population 13,472) defeated the football team from the University of Michigan, whose football stadium holds almost 10 times the population of Boone.

Anyhow, me and my coworker were waiting outside with carryouts for different people when co-worker starts carrying on about the game: "Didn't you see Appalachian State beat Michigan? I watched the last few minutes of the game and when Michigan completed that long pass I was like 'F, they're going to pull it out!' But then the field goal got blocked and they lost! I loved it. I texted my friend who's a big Michigan fan to poke fun at him after the game. Say, look at the stupid kid wearing a Michigan jersey? I wonder if he even knows they lost, ha ha!"

The only thing that concerned me last Saturday was that my Badgers won . I like seeing Michigan go down just as much as the next guy, but unless you're an Ohio State fan I fail to see any reason for such exuberance. He was acting like that game was the pinnacle of his existence on the planet, and knowing him I'd bet it was.

Bonus video! Some cheesetastic promotional film Appalachian State University produced, presumably to attract students in as humorously-low budget a way as possible.

And we'll have fun fun fun, now that Mommy took her Heelies away....

While helping out in school supplies today, I noticed a girl on heelies zipping all around the place and darting in and out of aisles. I watched her build a running start (as all children on Heelies tend to do), take off rolling....and lose control and fall flat on her butt. She started crying and whimpering in pain and her mother told her "You really shouldn't be skating around on those things in the store"

Evidently the message did not sink in, because later I saw this same girl almost roll face-first into a wall.

Everything's relative

Lastly, as I was checking out my soda and candy bar for my lunch break, who should I run into but my aunt and uncle, chatting with one of the employees, who I guess my aunt used to work with. I said to the cashier checking me out "Doesn't it suck when your relatives come here to shop on a holiday and make it necessary for you to work?" Of course I meant this in a joking way. Aunt and uncle thought it was funny at least.

Thank you, you've been a great audience! Enjoy Stryper
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

OK, i tried to watch your bonus video but I only made it through the first line of the song.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      While helping out in school supplies today, I noticed a girl on heelies zipping all around the place and darting in and out of aisles. I watched her build a running start (as all children on Heelies tend to do), take off rolling....and lose control and fall flat on her butt. She started crying and whimpering in pain and her mother told her "You really shouldn't be skating around on those things in the store"

AT LAST! SWEET VENGEANCE! IF ONLY ALL OF THEM REPEATEDLY FELL DOWN UNTIL THEY COULD NO LONGER GET BACK UP!

*cough* I mean. Oh, that poor girl.

Comment

Bonus video! Some cheesetastic promotional film Appalachian State University produced, presumably to attract students in as humorously-low budget a way as possible.
        I'm not sure it was meant to be "humorously low-budget" at all. Somehow I think they were serious about the video.

Comment

The only thing that concerned me last Saturday was that my Badgers won . I like seeing Michigan go down just as much as the next guy, but unless you're an Ohio State fan I fail to see any reason for such exuberance. He was acting like that game was the pinnacle of his existence on the planet, and knowing him I'd bet it was.
          I'm the same way, except with New Mexico St. If it's not the Aggies, I don't care....unless it's the UNM Lobos or the UTEP Miners getting beat. If they get beat, to quote Martha, "It's a good thing!" But even if it is NMSU, it's not the be-all-end-all high point of my life. People like that guy should be pitied for their lack of a life.

BTW, NMSU won last Thursday , UNM got beat by UTEP.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
            I'm not sure it was meant to be "humorously low-budget" at all. Somehow I think they were serious about the video.
            It looks like some student's video production project. Somehow I expect a little more from a decent-sized university.

This actually is not the first time I saw the video--it was also featured on some VH1 special.

I bet they now produce a new video, with footage from their big win featured.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I bet they now produce a new video, with footage from their big win featured.
              On Sunday, I went to a baseball game, and, as luck would have it, my only clean shirt was from the cable company where I work. And so...

Random Stranger: (sarcastically) Thanks for adding the Big Ten Network.
              Me: Get real... who'd want to see Michigan play Appalachian State?

Fortunately, he had a sense of humor.
              I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT!

For those of you who were locked in caves this weekend or just don't care about this kind of thing, the football team from Appalachian State University, from Boone NC (population 13,472) defeated the football team from the University of Michigan, whose football stadium holds almost 10 times the population of Boone.

Anyhow, me and my coworker were waiting outside with carryouts for different people when co-worker starts carrying on about the game: "Didn't you see Appalachian State beat Michigan? I watched the last few minutes of the game and when Michigan completed that long pass I was like 'F, they're going to pull it out!' But then the field goal got blocked and they lost! I loved it. I texted my friend who's a big Michigan fan to poke fun at him after the game. Say, look at the stupid kid wearing a Michigan jersey? I wonder if he even knows they lost, ha ha!"

*cringes* I can't get away from this!! I've been called, texted, IM'd, PM'd, teased at work and home, and just about on every forum I post on as well. I thought I'd be safe here.
                Damned Badger!
                "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

Quoth TequilaSunrise View Post
                  Damned Badger!
                  At least you're not having to deal with Mushrooms and Snakes as well.

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                    At least you're not having to deal with Mushrooms and Snakes as well.

Snakes you say? I just love the little darlingsssss. Oh, and that badger mushroom snake video too.
                    "But I don't want to be among mad people."
                    You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

Yeah, so today is Labor Day, a day where everybody in the free world except for me had the day off
                      Not me.

Evidently the message did not sink in, because later I saw this same girl almost roll face-first into a wall.
                      At first, I was going to praise the mother, but then I thought about it. Maybe Mommy should've made sure her daughter didn't wear them at all...or at least took the wheels off.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X