X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't even escape in my own home...

...why? Why do you torment me?

I just received some big ranty whiny email from some guy about the bad service/injustice he received at x company. It is a gigantic block of text devoid of any structure or format that has only a passing acquaintance with punctuation.

Why am I getting it you ask?

Because one of my personal emails contains the same first word as the name company he's bitching about. It is a common English word. Nothing fancy about it. But rather then look up the company's number/site/address he just slapped that word in front of his own ( mine too ) ISP's @addy.com and figured it would go to that company as if by magic. Thus sending it to me instead.

I'm at HOME. Its my DAY OFF. Why can't you slack witted window licking rectal cabana monkeys leave me alone?! ><

<sob>

The stupidest part is the guy sounds like he might have a legitimate complaint but he's done such a piss poor job of conveying said problem that I have no sympathy what so ever.

Does it have something to do with them not being arsed to do their own research? I'm trying to figure out how he thought that your e-mail @ yourisp.com could be said company. Oh the mind boggles...
    Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

Comment

I think there's only one option for you. Hit 'Reply' and give him hell on behalf of whatever company he was complaining about
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Oh, Kara, Kara, Kara. You are an evil, evil woman.

Please don't hurt me.

I'm just messin around.

Will you marry me?

There is no hidden text in this message It's merely a mirage..
        Last edited by bigjimaz; 09-04-2007, 03:20 PM.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I'd edit his email, reword it correctly so that his point is conveined inteligently, then reply to him telling you've edited his email for clearness for the company he's trying to contact. Ask him if he wants you to forward the edit back to him, or to the company, and tell him your bill ammount for the editorial work. Who knows he might pay.

Edit:
          Btw I strongly disagree with Kara, it's ok to reply him back giving him hell (have fun!) but not using the company's namesake. all that will end up doing is either escalate the emails or worse get the guy to call a company rep and start the call by screaming... you know how much our call center reps love to pick up a call where the cust screams from the get go.....
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            It is a gigantic block of text devoid of any structure or format that has only a passing acquaintance with punctuation.
            Hmm, sounds like someone ticked off Franz Kafka, or maybe e e cummings.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              Hmm, sounds like someone ticked off Franz Kafka, or maybe e e cummings.
              Or maybe the person writes letters on PFB in his spare time.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
                Oh, Kara, Kara, Kara.

Will you marry me?
                lol no marry me!! Kidding too! Im not Becky yet!!!... or am i.... ^_^
                Last edited by Ree; 09-04-2007, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Wow. People used to dial wrong numbers and complain without listening to who answered the phone. Now, they're sending e-mails like this without even knowing who they are writing to. What's next? They show up at your house without paying attention to the street they are on?

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
                    Btw I strongly disagree with Kara, it's ok to reply him back giving him hell (have fun!) but not using the company's namesake. all that will end up doing is either escalate the emails or worse get the guy to call a company rep and start the call by screaming... you know how much our call center reps love to pick up a call where the cust screams from the get go.....
                    I believe Kara was just, what's the term? Oh yes, smart assing. ;p

( Much as I am now. )

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                      Wow. People used to dial wrong numbers and complain without listening to who answered the phone. Now, they're sending e-mails like this without even knowing who they are writing to. What's next? They show up at your house without paying attention to the street they are on?
                      When I lived with my old roomate, my husband (back then fiance), roomie and I were sitting in the living room talking about wedding plans when someone knocked on the door. So the roomie gets up, opens the door thinking it was our neighbors only to stand there shocked as a woman in her sixties handed her a bag of stuff. It went like this:

W: Well, I hope you like these. I mean, I wasn't too sure if you'd rather have pecans or... -pause-
                      R: -holding the bag in her hands with a wtf expression on her face.- um...
                      W: -stares right back- um...
                      R: I thin--
                      W: I'm in the wrong apartment! -takes baked goodies back.- Oh geez.

It was hilarious as hell as for a moment there, we thought it was her husband's mom.
                      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I have had people call me up at supermarket X and start in on a complaint on supermarket Y. A few minutes later when they finish their rant I get to tell them they called the wrong Company.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
                          That could be entirely possible.

Good part about that is: You don't have to open the door to let them in. Just pick up the phone and call 911 to have the police come and remove them.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'd suggest replying, letting him know that he sent it to the wrong address and that email harrassment is a crime.
                            MMO Addicts group

Comment

Sounds like an email/series of emails I got from a 'coworker' at Citimortgage back when I worked there...
                              Got in one morning, to an email to Ron <my last name> saying there was a meeting scheduled that morning for thirty minutes ago, blah blah blah, where the hell were you, and why aren't you doing your job?
                              I replied, "I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about."
                              Got a reply shortly that said, in it's entirety, "That sounds just like you, Ron."
                              I replied, "Check who you're emailing before you send your next reply, please."
                              Next response was a three page long apology.
                              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                              X