X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caller: Yes, Ma'am, I....
    Me: I'm a guy.
    oh ouch.

I mean there's been some times when I couldn't tell from the voice - my BF gave me a look when I confessed that I originally thought Air Supply's lead singer was a girl with a low voice - but... once you've been corrected then continuing to use the wrong gender is rather rude.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Oh, that's happened to me. Lots.

I mean, how many women out there have a five o' clock shadow?
      My third-grade teacher, for one.

Well, you asked.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        My third-grade teacher, for one.

Well, you asked.
        One of the girls on my track team didn't have a beard or shadow but... she DID have another girl on another team ask, "Are you a boy or a girl?" right to her face. I mean wtf. Sure she wasn't wearing anything feminine - we were all in track uniforms - but that's NOT what you go up to a total stranger to ask. If you're not sure just look for the regular clues (like... she's wearing the same uniform as the other girls, which doesn't match the boys' uniforms, and she doesn't have an adam's apple, and her brow is less pronounced). But don't go right up to her and say "are you a boy or a girl?"

I don't remember if she ever got an answer other than being told (by several people) that she was a rude bitch.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 05-30-2013, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          One of the girls on my track team didn't have a beard or shadow but... she DID have another girl on another team ask, "Are you a boy or a girl?"
          "Either way, I'm flattered, but not interested."
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            Caller...okay, just the Hoover ones, ma'am.

Me: I'm a guy.

MR SNIPPY WAS HERE

I'M A GUY!!!!!
            I don't know why, that was just hilarious to me [not that she thought you were a chick! But the way you wrote it ]
            Last edited by iradney; 05-31-2013, 12:50 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post, we've already read it!

Comment

Despite the fact I have a goatee, a deep voice and no feminine physical characteristics I get called "ma'am" a fair bit. Beats the hell out of me why that is.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
              X