This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relief! (Eye issues)

I saw two bright flashes of light where no light could be. I'd been previously warned that I might have a risk for retinal detachment, and to get seen at the next available appointment if that ever happened; so today I went in.

My retinas are in perfect condition. THANK DEITY-OF-YOUR-CHOICE.

My right eye continues to have keratoconus - that wasn't expected to change. It did cause the optometrist some trouble, but it always does: how do you examine a retina through a distorting cornea?

And apparently since my horrible, horrible multi-week eye infection, I now have inclusions in my right cornea; probably the result of that infection. My previous exams showed no such inclusions, the exam from the time of that infection did; and today's exam did.

I go in to have the retina (and the inclusions) re-checked in six weeks. But it seems like it was a false alarm.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Glad there's nothing wrong there!

It could be something to do with overuse of the computer. When I first got my laptop I experienced some odd flashes a couple of months later; found out it's common if you spend too much time staring at a screen (I work on a computer at my job, so 7.5 hours of that plus what I did at home was a bit much).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Yay! Take care of your eyes, you only get the one set. [at least until we can clone organs...] My roomie just had her cataracts done, and is thrilled that she can see clearly now.

I have scarring on my corneas from a machine shop accident, so I get the funky stellar flashes at night from tight light sources, and I use lubricating eyedrops to help against eye fatigue. [I get the ones that are in individual tiny plastic vials.]
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My eyes are dry enough that I use the ointment. It means that my eyes are coated in gel and the world looks like one of those vaseline-smeared photos for several minutes, but it works for me.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          My eyes are dry enough that I use the ointment. It means that my eyes are coated in gel and the world looks like one of those vaseline-smeared photos for several minutes, but it works for me.
          I used that at night for a while after I had the corneal abrasion back in April. Oh, did I mention it came back? Two days after getting my diabetic eye exam which came out "Your eyes are fine"...?

Been using eyedrops and ointment again, abrasion's gone again. Stupid thing.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
          X