This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacky Cosplay Clothes

ok so if someone wanted to say track down the exact clothes worn in weird al's tacky video where would one look? and I don't mean clothes just as tacky but the actual shirts and pants themselves. Someone somewhere has to be selling them. Specifically Al's first outfit, then Eric Stonestreet's and then Jack Black's. I'd like to put this together for a con in the summer. I don't care about the one Al wears at the end and I already know he's selling that shirt in his store (in sizes too small for me).

if I had to pick just one it'd be the first one that Al wears.

For those unfamiliar with the video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7Eki5EZ8o
    Last edited by gremcint; 10-28-2014, 02:54 AM. Reason: elephants
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Maybe contact the channel on YT or at weirdal.com -- If they don't sell the ones you want in their store, maybe they would be willing to give you the names of the places they bought the clothes, or the patterns/fabrics they were made of. See if the production company's website has a way to contact the costume designer.

Stonestreet's jacket and slacks -- maybe try thrift stores, you may get lucky Solids like that should be easy to find.
    Last edited by EricKei; 10-28-2014, 03:39 AM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

yeah I figure a pink blazer and green pants wouldn't be that hard, it's al's I expect to be difficult but it's the one I really want.
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I bought one of these for this Halloween, and I was thinking of the "Tacky" video as I did it, though the actual suit isn't in their inventory. They go a bit overboard describing the cut and fabric; it fits like socks on a goose and the fabric is actually pretty cheap, appropriately so. (Whaddaya want for a hundred bucks, Brooks Bros?)

I couldn't find the one that I wanted in their inventory, and now I don't see the one that I bought on their website. Still, I bought one that fits, and unlike some of the cheapo costumes I've bought in previous years, this one should last a while.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff was put together from scratch by a Hollywood costumer. So much money is spent on filming these videos, throwing a few thousand at making sure the clothes aren't a bit off makes sense.

Comment

Working...
          X