This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mytical messes up..again.

*sighs* I went shopping, taking two forms of payment (2 credit cards). So I get shopping done, and go to pay for everything. Slide card 1, put Card 2's pin number. Couldn't figure out what was wrong..so I use card 2, and put card 1's pin number. I got both deactivated .. so was unable to get what I had tried to buy. So..had to go home and contact the cards to get everything straightened out. I hate my brain sometimes. Feel like I should be taken out back and taken out of my misery.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    I hate my brain sometimes. Feel like I should be taken out back and taken out of my misery.
    It's all your liver's fault, isn't it? Your poor brain is just being poisoned.
    Are there any hope for a cure? Transfusions, stem cells or transplant?
    At least I hope you will have some good times in between the bad.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
      It's all your liver's fault, isn't it? Your poor brain is just being poisoned.
      Are there any hope for a cure? Transfusions, stem cells or transplant?
      At least I hope you will have some good times in between the bad.
      Yes, my liver does not clean out the natural ammonia that a body produces, so it gets to my brain. Ammonia is a poison. As for a cure..I am on the transplant list, but besides having symptoms that usually comes later (when the liver is worse), I am actually a low priority. I am a medical mystery. Liver scores go from 1-42, with higher being worse. The symptoms I have usually starts around 22 or so. My score is a 9. So, my liver is not THAT bad, but the symptoms are. Which leaves a lot of doctors scratching their heads.

Transplant and medicines help, but I can't get the medicine because it is too expensive. So...I am on the transplant list. One day.. I will get it.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Poor Mytical's brain. *hugs*--you, not your brain
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

/hug Mytical

I tried to pay for my groceries with my old PIN # the other day.

Lets say old PIN is 1234 and new PIN is 5678. I kept putting in 1234 and wondering why it wouldn't work. After about 3 tries it clicked.

Hope my story helps make you feel a little better.

Comment

Don't feel bad . . . I've accidentally tried running my Mom's debit card using my PIN before (left mine at home that morning.)

So now what I do is if, for some reason, I have Mom's card, I double check the front of the card so I know which card is which (hers has standard stagecoach logo, mine has a pic of Poodles) before I run it as debit.

Credit card is no problem for me: only one active card right now and it's not hard to remember it: that one has a custom pic of Abby (love how some of these banks allow for custom photos.)

All I need to do now is remember which pet to use.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We have pin codes on several doors at work. I either put the wrong code in or just try to open the door....faceplant!!

Comment

I did that last year with my debit cards. I stopped at my credit union and tried to check my balance at the ATM, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Finally realized I was using my TD Bank card. By then I had disabled it and had to go to TD and get the PIN reset.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I am sitting at my desk, at work, without my belt.
                  My belt that I put on in the morning, before I clip on my access cards (I have a routine).
                  I do have my access cards clipped on.

This is the second time in as many weeks I have gone beltless.....
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

During last year I had to get my pins reset on my cards around 12 times. Not because I couldn't match card to pin..... but out of 4 cards I'd be lucky if I could remember one.

And that was only depression and the onset of Fibro!

Hugs Myt! x
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Well today at the doctors..was even worse. I was signing my name..and forgot how to spell it. I was looking at the first two letters of my last name, and my brain just refused to recall how to spell the rest. Something has to change, I get worse every day. I am trapped with a mind that is failing, and I recognize that it is happening.. but powerless to do anything about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X