This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing the Point

The thread about odd business combinations made me think of this, but it doesn't really fit in the thread.

There's a guy near us who owns and operates a storage unit rental place. Every weekend he sets up stuff people have abandoned for sale in his parking lot (presumably to try to recoup rental fees from said stuff). Problem is, this guy has heavily used garage sale quality stuff, but he wants near new retail prices for it (I seriously think he goes to the Mart and local furniture places to find prices on new items similar to stuff he's got and prices his stuff maybe a scant 10% under those). He's also not willing to budge on those prices. Oddly enough, his collection of stuff only ever gets bigger...
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

He's an idiot. He should auction off the lockers. He'd probably get more on at least some of them, unless they're all full of nothing but trash.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I think it's funny when people think their old crap is some sort of treasure. There's a woman who lives across the street from me who is always having yard sales. It's been the same junk out there for years. She had a mirror that my dad was interested in 3 years ago when he was visiting, but she wanted $80 for the damn thing. It was still there with her stuff when the community had a yard sale last weekend.

Comment

Working...
      X