Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to beat all, I'm getting a Sighting out of this. My roommate in the hospital room is a huge SC. I'm getting an earful just listening to him, and I'm getting pissed at how he's treating the staff here. I'll belt out a full post on him when I feel up to it, but here's a taste from tonight:

AR: Asshole roomie
    ND: Nurses desk
    Me: You guessed it

AR: <hits call button>
    ND: Yes? How can I help you?
    AR: Tell the head nurse I need to see her.
    ND: Is there a reason I should give her, sir?
    AR: Its private!
    ND: Yes sir, I'll let her know.

<five minutes later>

ND: Yes? How can I help you?
    AR: Look, I really need to see the head nurse in here.
    ND: Yes sir, but she's in with another patient right now.
    AR: alright, but I need to see her.

<five minutes later>

ND: Sir, she's in with a patient right now, and can't drop everything to come talk to you!
    AR: Well fine! But I didn't hit the button that time anyway.
    ND: goodbye sir. <audible hang up>
    AR: bitch.
    Me: Asshole.

He hasn't talked to me since then.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      He hasn't talked to me since then.
      Sounds like a complete win in that case

Rapscallion

Comment

That's an awesome result! I hope you get better really quickly and that your roomie learns to shut the hell up already.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I hope you're soon feeling better again, Geek King.

(You truly have an awesome immune system! Can we get it cloned?)
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
            (You truly have an awesome immune system! Can we get it cloned?)
            Not that awesome. I did a little poking around the web while here in the hospital, and apparently it does happen often enough in my age group to be documented. If I'm understanding what I read, basically, the immune system hits the tumor before it can find a really good blood source and starves it.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Well, good luck. It sounds like things are going fine.

Comment

It's always rough finding out you have testicular issues. Cancer can be even scarier. You are taking a lot better then some would. Me..I can't seem to get my doc on the phone to schedule the surgery. *sighs* He needs to schedule me or pass me to somebody who WILL.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

OT, but Mytical, you really need to just march on down there and glare.

Geek King, feeling any better?
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Feel better soon GK, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Cancer can be even scarier. You are taking a lot better then some would.
                      This wasn't something I did to myself, or someone else did to me. It just happened. There's no good to be had in self-pity, or railing against God and the universe. Like any other problem, the sooner you address it, the sooner you can get on with fixing the issue.

Was it scary? Yup. But fear is a funny thing. It can paralyze you, or it can motivate you. I got the doctor to discuss with me and commit to a plan of action right there. Less than 48 hours later, we were both in the OR ready to get the thing taken care of.

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      Geek King, feeling any better?
                      I'm doing quite a bit better. More bored than anything, since I'm having to stay with my folks because I'm not allowed to do anything more than get myself some water, bathe, or get up and walk around the house some. Mostly I sit here and poke around the internet or play on my Vita. I go back to the doctor Wednesday for a post-release checkup, and hopefully I'll get most of these stitches out and released from restrictions enough to go back to my apartment.
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                      X