X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Funny how things work out sometimes XD

Have fun baking!

Comment

My mom always said when you make homemade angel food you also make a sunshine cake. One uses all of the egg whites and the other uses all of the egg yolks.

Comment

Another thing you can make to use up some yolks- pasta! Specifically, egg noodles. The recipe I have calls for whole eggs, but I can't really see any reason why just yolks wouldn't work as well.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Chocolate mousse.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
            My mom always said when you make homemade angel food you also make a sunshine cake. One uses all of the egg whites and the other uses all of the egg yolks.
            What's a sunshine cake?
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

like others mentioned, you can use them in custard.

Also can be used to make homemade mayonnaise, aioli, hollandaise, bearnaise.

link for more ideas: http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/Article...egg-yolks.aspx
              "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I've been meaning to try making homemade aioli!

My mom has a recipe for sunshine cake but it calls for whole eggs. You still separate them and whip the whites, but the you fold in the yolks... I think. I've never actually made it.

Comment

Make home-made mayonnaise with olive oil and it ends up being a healthier 'fat' spread (used in moderation of course) without the preservative chemicals of store-bought.
                  "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    What's a sunshine cake?
                    Called a Gold Cake here but it's the same recipe that Mom gave me for her Sunshine Cake.

LINK

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Called a Gold Cake here but it's the same recipe that Mom gave me for her Sunshine Cake.

LINK
                      *bookmarks recipe link* Might give this one a try next time I make angelfood and don't use the egg whites in a carton. Looks tasty.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                        Another thing you can make to use up some yolks- pasta! Specifically, egg noodles. The recipe I have calls for whole eggs, but I can't really see any reason why just yolks wouldn't work as well.
                        When I make homemade noodles, I always use only the yolks. But 12 yolks would make ALOT of noodles.
                        "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Not sure how french toast or scrambled eggs with just yolks would turn out, but worth a shot.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
                            When I make homemade noodles, I always use only the yolks. But 12 yolks would make ALOT of noodles.
                            Yes, yes it would. I just got done with literally HOURS of rolling out pasta dough, cutting it into noodles, and laying it out to dry. I made 3 batches of pasta dough, with 2 whole eggs per batch. Figure two yolks per egg? So, there's your dozen yolks. And I've got, right now, probably close to 3 pounds of pasta laid out and drying for this weekend.

I so need to get a pasta machine.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              Not sure how french toast or scrambled eggs with just yolks would turn out, but worth a shot.
                              French toast should work out ok, just be sure to mix the yolk with plenty of milk. Scrambled eggs with just yolks, I dunno. Think that might turn out a bit rubbery.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                                Bailey's Irish Cream cookies
                                I think I'm in love.
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X