This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy food addictions

Almost everyone's got some kind of unhealthy food that they're addicted to, but what about healthy food? For me, it's broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. We had a mix of them with dinner tonight and I had two bowlfuls. I'm also partial to spinach, corn, tomatoes and...pretty much anything that's not lima beans or lettuce. I was one of those weird kids who actually liked eating their veggies, but I'm not overly fond of salads.

Non-veggie health food addictions: Bananas with peanut butter and honey, yogurt (especially strawberry, peach, or lemon), peaches, strawberries, crackers with cheese...
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Kale.

Or mustard greens.

Oh, or arugula.

Mmmm. Greens.

Comment

Asparagus. Once I ate 2 lbs for dinner. I cannot get enough, ever.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I love Spinach.

Ah-ka-ka-ka-ka.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

*hands Food Lady her share of the asparagus*

I really like baby carrots and grape tomatoes. Some of those dipped in a bit of ranch dressing makes a nice snack. I'm also quite fond of fresh pineapple and frozen grapes. I find the latter does a good job of sating my sweet tooth since I gave up candy for lent.
          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Oranges! Cubed and seasoned with olive oil and black pepper. Soooo yummy.

Steamed broccoli (dipped in mayo XD), thin asparagus, oven roasted potatoes.

And risotto. Omg, risotto. It's probably not healthy, really, but it's what I tell myself (hey, it's rice and broth, not too bad lol).

Comment

Spinach
              Okra (prepared in any form)
              Fried green tomatoes (they are not "fried" in the sense you're thinking. I have my own recipe that's the best I've eaten.)

Comment

I love southern cooked greens -spinach, turnip, collard

Of course the way they cook it is probably not healthy, but I always get weird looks when we go out and I want like a huge bowl of greens for dinner.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I love them, too, but only when they are home cooked without sugar.

I don't see anything unhealthy about them at all.

Comment

Fresh pineapple and fresh mango. ^^
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Grapefruit!

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                        Grapefruit!
                        ... and chocolate cake for breakfast ...

3... 2... 1... Conniption!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Apples, but only certain types. I prefer crisp green or mottled apples, my favorite is Goldrush, I buy a 20lb bag every time they come into season.

I will not under any circumstances eat red or yellow delicious apples. Gross!
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            Apples, but only certain types. I prefer crisp green or mottled apples, my favorite is Goldrush, I buy a 20lb bag every time they come into season.

I will not under any circumstances eat red or yellow delicious apples. Gross!
                            I actually can't stand the green ones. I like Fujis, Jonagolds, and Galas, though I have Braeburns at the moment. I love apples!

I also love baby carrots. Between myself, the guinea pig, and the dog (yes, the dog), we go through baby carrots like you wouldn't believe!
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                              I love them, too, but only when they are home cooked without sugar.
                              Out here they're usually cooked with bacon fat (mmmmmm) or ham
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                              X