Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love fruit, seriously. I could eat a HUGE fruit salad for lunch and be happy, mangoes, pears, peaches, oranges, bananas, you name it, I pretty much love it. I love when watermelon is in season, just cut it in half and gimme a spoon...

I love most seafoods, and I have to echo Jester on sushi. Gimme a sashimi platter and I'm set, thank you! Tuna, especially, when it's that perfect, melt-on-the-tongue texture and mmmmm, happy place. I also love seaweed and cucumber salad, and miso soup, both of which are wonderfully healthy, low calorie and filling.

Veggies, too, I adore. I just recently started cooking kale, and I love it (THANK YOU KIAKAT!!). Edamame is a great snack, too, and I love tomatoes. Tomatoes, I eat them like they're candy, and I currently have a couple plants outside so I can grow my own. Cucumbers, too. I can snack on cucumbers and hummus pretty much every day. I think the list of veggies I dislike is shorter than that of those I do. Not fond of cauliflower, raw celery or cooked carrots.

Yup, that's about it, on the list of veggies I don't care for.

I love this thread, I'm learning new things to try, and being reminding of things i haven't had in a while!

Comment

I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I really like asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. As for fruit, I love in season strawberries, grapes (chilled, please), apples (especially Honeycrisp), and lemons. Boy do I like lemons.

And you can debate the healthiness of this, but I love dill pickles. I eat way to many of those. Several jars a week, usually.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Chinese-style green beans, where they're stir-fried with bits of garlic. Crunchy and delicious!
        Oh I forgot about the green beans.

My grandmother introduced them to me. At that particular place they served them in a black bean sauce. Very yummy.

The place we go now serves them stir fried with diced mushrooms and dried shrimp. I seriously order it every time. It's *that* good.

Also I love sushi, and seafood. It drives my mom nuts because we never ate fish growing up - unless you count long john silvers(I don't)

And dang it now I want chinese food and sushi.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          And tomatoes. I MUST have tomatoes. Good ones, though, which usually means waiting until late summer and/or growing my own, because the little red golf balls they sell in supermarkets don't deserve to be called tomatoes.
          I partially agree with you, though there are some slightly-larger-than-golf-ball-sized tomatoes I've been chowing on lately, called Campari tomatoes, that freakin' rock. Basically miniaturized Jersey Beefsteak, as far as flavor and pure deliciousness goes. I could eat them by the bushel.

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Cherries (particularly Bing cherries), blueberries, blackberries, marionberries, peaches.
          I LOVE Rainer cherries. If you ever get the chance to try them, take it....they are the best I've ever had!

And my whole family has a berry fixation. Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries....give us more. More More MORE! Yeah, we like us some berries!

Quoth Ellain View Post
          And you can debate the healthiness of this, but I love dill pickles.
          Me too, though I don't eat quite as much as you (though I could). I often joke with people that "I'm from a New York Jewish family...I have to like pickles! Hell, I have brine running through my veins!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X