This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow night

Last night was a very slow night, but an interesting one.

Am I fat?

SC: You've put on some weight (this man was in here 2 days prior...)
    Me: Are you saying I'm fat?
    SC: Just that you look like you're heavier.
    I simply raise an eyebrow at him
    SC: Of course you would know. You're probably eating more. You definitely look heavier.
    Me: I don't think I am. After all I would know
    SC: What do you know anyways... You're heavier

Girl problems

Later on, a seemingly regular customer came in and after a 10 minute argument with her husband over the phone asks to use the bathroom since she "is going through her girlie girls" I explained to her that the bathroom key has been stolen and she promptly tells me she will just go behind the building.

The slower the night the stranger the SC's get

How much you wanna bet you'd be the one to get into trouble even if you ask this idiot nicely to mind his own business? We're here to serve customers, not to have them butt into our personal lives. I myself would've said something. Manager has a problem with it? I don't give a fuck, I don't get paid to have customers make comments about my life outside of work.
    As for this lady, surely she can't be serious A little kid would have a hard time holding it, but an adult? If she did shit outside, I hope the shit doesn't hit the fan

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
      As for this lady, surely she can't be serious A little kid would have a hard time holding it, but an adult? If she did shit outside, I hope the shit doesn't hit the fan
      It sounds, from the phrase "going through her girlie girls," more like a certain issue that only applies to women.

Comment

Yuck. Biohazard.

As for the first guy, I would have told him it was none of his business. Too bad if he didn't like it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Spydyr View Post

"Did you get hit in the face with a waffle iron since the last time I saw you? Because you got a lot uglier."

Comment

In two days?

It would have to be a dramatic increase in fat to show in two days. The sort of diet a sumo wrestler eats.

Otherwise it's normal 'water weight', or rather, the normal human variance. Or different clothing, different hairstyle, different makeup, displaying a slightly different aspect of the same body.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Spydyr View Post
              "I might be heavier, but that can be fixed. Being a rude jackass is forever..."

Comment

Quoth Spydyr View Post
                Last night was a very slow night, but an interesting one.

Am I fat?

Me: Are you saying I'm fat?
                SC: Just that you look like you're heavier.
                I simply raise an eyebrow at him
                SC: Of course you would know. You're probably eating more. You definitely look heavier.

Girl problems

Later on, a seemingly regular customer came in and after a 10 minute argument with her husband over the phone asks to use the bathroom since she "is going through her girlie girls" I explained to her that the bathroom key has been stolen and she promptly tells me she will just go behind the building.

The slower the night the stranger the SC's get

Both of those stories cue a massive WTF ppl about their from me.
                Firstly, who the crap goes around starting random convos with ppl about their weight like that? What a crazy cat.
                AND...Im a chick. It would never ever in a million years cross my mind to say the reason Im asking to use the bathroom was because I was going through my 'girlie things'. Dude. Just....no. And I'm not even going to comment on her doing her girly thang behind the building

:hugs: for you for having to deal with both loonies

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
                  Firstly, who the crap goes around starting random convos with ppl about their weight like that?
                  The same people who assume I'm pregnant. I should embarrass them by saying, "Oh, I'm celibate." I mean, they're making an assumption about my sex life anyway.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    In two days?

It would have to be a dramatic increase in fat to show in two days. The sort of diet a sumo wrestler eats.
                    My CW's husband recently went thru a weird kidney-related thing where he was putting on 5+ pounds a day. I can't remember if he topped out at 60 or 80 pounds gained before they were able to stop it (and with steroids, finally reverse it, so he lost it almost as fast)
                    Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                    At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

The first SC is a very regular and very well to do customer. Unfortunately he's the kind who calls up the manager and whines if a clerks sticks up for themselves. He's also quite lazy and makes the clerk fill out his checks for him. He can write exquisitely well as I have seen checks in his hand writing... just lazy.

Don'cha just hate those kinds. Lol.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                        My CW's husband recently went thru a weird kidney-related thing where he was putting on 5+ pounds a day. I can't remember if he topped out at 60 or 80 pounds gained before they were able to stop it (and with steroids, finally reverse it, so he lost it almost as fast)
                        That happened to me too. I had kidney failure and gained 30 pounds in a week, mostly fluid retention. They were able to restart my kidneys, and over the next month or so I lost 50 pounds, but then regained 20. Since then I have managed to start losing a little weight.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

So he's claiming you've eaten so much that you've put on enough weight for it to be noticeable... after just 2 days?

Sounds more like he just wants to be a cock

Comment

---"You look heavier."---

"Good! I'm trying to reach the next weight class in my wrestling division."

"Thanks. I'm going to be a bridesmaid and don't want to show up the bride, so I've been carbo-loading."

"I can't believe you noticed! You aren't flirting with me are you?"

"Very observant! Out solar system is passing over a section of the galactic arm that contains a preponderance of denser stellar matter. Everyone will be heavier for 3.2 more days."

(Furtive look, changing to fear bordering on tears.) "Are you kidding me? Oh jeez, not again!"

ANYTHING except giving them the satisfaction of knowing they've scored an insult, which is the goal of these asshats.

Comment

Working...
                            X