This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogus Complaint

Short but soooooooooooooooo anger inducing. Just got off another third shift and aside from the normal people, my manager comes up to me asks me if I remember last Wednesday or Thursday night. I said vaguely, which is true, every day is slowing melting into the next to the point where if I wasn't working, I really wouldn't know that today is Thursday. I ask her why and she says that she and our other manager L got a complaint about me (they stated my name and everything apparently) and the complaint was that I had told someone to "get the fuck out of my store." No other context or anything besides that. And that the guy worked at WalMart too. Now, let's be clear, I may cuss quite a bit in my personal life, as well as on this board at times, but I have NEVER EVER in my life cussed out a customer (with the exception of a few motorists during my ODOT days, but they weren't really customers per say, nor was I told I wasn't allowed to either), not even when I have been the maddest and had all reason to, not once had I succumbed to my horrible urge to call a customer a name or anything. Now, I get this thrown at me and cannot for the life of me fathom who, why, when, and how. Who was it: don't really know besides it was either a guy or his girlfriend or something I don't know really. Why: Most likely, someone who either knew me personally and made something up because they hate me for whatever reason, someone who got made that I IDed them and didn't sell them the product and thought "Hey, I'll get back at that bitch!" this one seems more likely, might have even been the asshole who called me a fat bitch for not "being consistent" in carding him.
    I don't know any specifics (not sure if they can even give that info out honestly) but seriously?! What reason in the world would there be to actually make up a complaint about me to two different managers?
    The good thing is is that my manager asked me nicely about it, didn't accuse me of it or anything, just asked if I had. This is the same woman who has now written me up twice for smoking violations (not technically allowed to go outside between 10pm and 530am due to some unsavory acts that happened to a different employee, but I will the full explanation in either cussing out co-workers or management boards) and both those times I was caught, I was completely honest with her so I have a feeling she will take my side on this. If not, I'm thinking about asking my co-worker S who was working with me those two nights if she remembers anything and have her back me up at least as a witness that I didn't do it. I really started liking cashiering (besides the name calling and what not), but this just kind of makes me want to go back to the cafe and hide behind the machines. Why do people have to be so horrible for no reason? Oh wait, this is Lima, practically everyone is like that. God, I hate this town. I need booze....
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

It occurs to me that, if the custy had been telling the truth, it would have been reported both to you and the managers within a few minutes. I smell horse manure on the custy's part ~_~
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had a customer who sold me their brand new smartphone phone for $100- who I also gave a FREE phone to put in its place on their account- call up corporate and try to get me in trouble for "stealing" their phone from them.

Point is, people are just assholes sometimes.
      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        I smell horse manure on the custy's part ~_~
        Well, Tithera did say it was Lima.

(Feel free to fire back if you want, Tithera. I'm up on the lakeshore. I'm not exactly in a town that's perfect...)

Yeah, I'm betting that was a let's create a problem for someone just because. Jerks.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Geesh, you odd northern Ohio folk... LOL. Kinda liking it down here in the southern end right about now <runs away quickly>

Comment

Hell, I'm in Findlay, just 30 min. North of Lima
            "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
            -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
            X